Black background messaging.

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by ScoobyDoo27, Aug 31, 2010.

1. ScoobyDoo27

ScoobyDoo27 New Member

So yesterday I decided to upgrade from BB 1.1 to 0.4 and When I upgraded my messaging app had a white background and it didn't allow me to change the color of my blink.

When I had 1.1 I could just use root explorer and switch out my mms.apk to fix that but when I tried with 0.4 it force closes every time I try to send a message. Is there any way I can get the black background back with froyo?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  2. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

its buried in this form somewhere, but if you wade through/search there is a black background sms client that works great, i think its got black in the thread title. i had it bookmarked but since i use udroid now i deleted it.
  3. psiuglen

psiuglen New Member

Yeah it should be here and then just use the BB Toolkit to switch it. Been using it for awhile on mine now.
  4. ScoobyDoo27

ScoobyDoo27 New Member

Thanks, I found it. Is this what the stock messaging app is like for unrooted froyo users? I don't like how it has an icon next to each text instead of the picture up top and their facebook status.
  5. MS3FGX

MS3FGX New Member

Yes, that is the normal MMS app for Froyo. I have no idea why they changed the layout and removed options. I have found plenty of MMS apps modified with the black background, but none of them I have found yet remove the contact pictures on each line.

Until I learn enough about Android dev to port the stock 2.1 MMS to Froyo, I am using Handcent which you can configure to match the old layout pretty well.
Search tags for this page

black background in htc rezound messages