1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

BKAPPS install link

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by dbindock, May 24, 2011.

1. dbindock

dbindock New Member

I've done some serious digging, and just can't seem to find a link to download the bkapps install file. I have a friend that is rooted on an EVO, and I told him this is the best backup out there, but he has already paid for Titanium.

Does anyone know where I can find a link for the download? All of the ones off of richstevenson...com are down. thanks!
  2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Get a new one here:

http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/misc/bkapps.zip

NOTE that the purpose of bkapps is to backup data/apps from a non-SS ROM, such that you can then install SS and restore data - it is to be used in conjunction with rstapps, which is available only in my ROM. I really need to consider making this a market app!
  3. jhammy49

jhammy49 New Member

Yes! Make it a market app. Or at least make rstapps an installable app for people not using your ROM. A complete backup would probably do well on the market considering it doesn't have much competition.

TI Backup doesn't give me the warm and fuzzy as far as "Complete backups" go.
  4. droidic

droidic New Member

+1 one apk that has bkapps and rstapps scripts would go like hotcakes in market

Simply Stunning 5.3 GB 2.3.4 low voltage 1.2ghz
  5. dbindock

dbindock New Member

Well suckerin' suckitash, I read before that bkapps worked on ANY ROM, but I never realized that rstapps was exclusive to SS. Also, the other links I found on richstevenson.com were down, glad to see one is still up!

Sorry jhammy49, looks like you are stuck with TiBackup! Should be easy enough since you have the donate version. It's one click backup. Won't be as "complete" as bkapps, but at least you will have your data somewhere.

Thanks Chevy. I just put 5.3 on today, loving it as usual! How do you have internet at your cabin though? Thought you didn't have electricity?
    Last edited: May 24, 2011
  6. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I have a partial solar setup going right now - everything BUT the panels is hooked up. I have a generator that 'stands in' for the panels, I run that about 2 hrs everyday to charge up the batteries, and have an inverter to convert that to household power (120v). So my electricity is LIMITED. I also have a Verizon MiFi for internet, but it's not the greatest - works OK though!