Bitmap wallpaper cannot be removed

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
Correct. Now what? I downloaded Titanium backup and made the donation for the license and his instructions for the license have me stumped. According to his instructions, you name the license to a txt document and apply to SD card. Nothing happened. I thought everything added to the SD card had to go in as an Update file so it could be recognized from reboot recovery.

I am waiting to hear from the developer. I can't believe a stupid picture is causing so much angst!!

Thanks.

Jim

billyidle

Reaction score
You don't need the license to use Titanium backup, it just unlocks some features. Anyway, just goto Backup/restore. Read up on the site how to do that easily, save yourself trouble by not just jumping into it.

The basic idea being backup everything but the Gallery and its Data. Then reflash your rom, wiping data and cache. Then redownload Titanium backup (once you register it, it stays registered), and restore your backups. Then manually add photos back to the gallery.

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
I assume I would do that by not backing out the SD card's "DCIM"?

Thank you.

billyidle

Reaction score
Just uncheck Gallery in the backup list. If you want to check if the pic is even on your sd card, take the card out, and see if you can open the evil photo. If you can, I'd say it got moved to the phone, and somehow hidden in a file.

My original picture was on the sd card, but flashing roms seems to for some reason hidden it somwhere on my phone.

billyidle

Reaction score
From main titanium screen, Menu key - Batch - Backup all user apps + data, make sure Gallery is unchecked.

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
I will try it and see what happens. Thank you so much.

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
because I saved everything in the gallery on my computer, I went ahead and just had Titania and delete everything in that file. When I went to back everything up, gallery wasn't even offered up. So I guess I got rid of it. Once the backup has been done, I will try a restore and see what happens. I will let you know.

Thank you.

Jim

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
It's not a wallpaper, it's just a picture hidden and unable to be deleted from the gallery. It cannot be located on the phone or SD card.

Tried to back up with titanium including excluding the gallery. No luck. It is still there. If it is not hidden on the SB card, any idea where else it could be?

Thanks,

Jim

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you remove your sdcard and boot the phone can you still view the picture on your phone?