Bitcoin Mining

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by ambrown, Aug 1, 2013.

1. ambrown

ambrown Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Hey all,

I've just gotten into Bitcoin mining and found it interesting. I'm not doing it to get any actual money off of it, but more as a fun experiment. I don't want to pay for Bitcoins, as I think that's mostly silly. So I started looking into mining.

As you know, if you've looked into Bitcoins, mining is not super profitable, unless you have dedicated hardware that is very expensive. But by wokring in a "pool", or a group of miners working together on solving an algorithm, you can at least have a steady trickle of rewards.

Well I tried a few different popular pools and found the trickle to be quick, but in such small amounts it made mining worthless with my current set up. But then I found Triplemining, a pretty cool smaller pool, that gave me a little more in rewards for about the same amount of work. And they don't charge any pool fees so that makes it nice.

Anyway, if you're interested in trying mining I'd highly recommend Triplemining and here's the link of where to sign up:

http://andmicbro.triplemining.com

Note; if you sign up via this link you will be working on my minipool with me. You don't have to do this, and you can sign up on your own. Being in my minipool just means we are all working on the same block and our efforts will be combined. I do get an extra kick off having people in my minipool, so just letting you know this upfront. You can also start your own minipool and invite people you know to work with you.

Anyway, I'm still a noob at mining, and like I said above, I'm not trying to have some amazing income off of it. But I do hope to make enough to buy something off of https://www.bitcoinstore.com/ just for fun. So if you're looking to just try it out then this might be a good place to start.

[​IMG]