Bit the Bullet!

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by sober, Jun 11, 2010.

1. dbz443

dbz443 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To overclock u need to install a kernel with the clock speed u want . Fyi set cpu doesn not monitor cpu temp just battery temp. The temp monitor app does both but I don't think there's a kernel out for froyo that supports cpu temp yet. If your new to rooting you should flash clockwork recovery and get used to using that. Its far supierior to sp. There's more options for formatting and wiping boot, cache, data, etc. Wipe all Three times and you will avoid a lot of the problems people have with roms. You don't have to rename anything to update zip or move the files to the root, you can install them from any folder there in. This means you can flash the rom, kernel, and theme all in one shot insteead of rebooting, rename, and moving each file. Hope this helps

2. SupAll

SupAll Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't use setCPU at all for BBv1.1 only because there the Pete file and setCPU will have conflicts. If you want to keep track of temp, I would recommend the BatteryLife widget.

3. sober

sober Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, its been a almost a full day since installing the 1000mhz kernel and set cpu on BB1.1. Everything is jiving together perfect. Got my profiles set and battery life has not changed substantially, nor are my temps getting over 105f. I work in a non a/c garage and my phone sits in my toolbox, so it doesn't get a break from the weather!

As far as I know, setcpu is using a temp probe on or near the processor. It gives a reading usually quite a bit lower than my battery reading on the battery left widget.