Birds, birds, birds!!!

surfscottydog

Reaction score
Please,
I am an avid bird watcher, and the iphone has a great birding application. It is like an actual bird watcher book.
Can or will anyone be able to make a similar application for the Droid? I am sure people would pay for it, I would.
Thank you,
Scott

Riley

Reaction score
I'll second this. My wife and I are birders and I have played with the demo version of iBird on my ipod touch and it's excellent. If we could get a version of that, it would rock!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Come over to my house. You can watch them up close and personal as they tell you to shut up and throw food at you. :icon_ devil:

B

bthomp21

you want a bird, i have a mexican red head. wont be expensive. lol

dylanthecat

Reaction score
If you look on the ibird website, it has an android forum area, though there are no posts yet. Their website is named "Ibird - Field Guide to Birds for the Iphone and Android" They must be close to releasing the Android version.

thistle

Reaction score
I'd like to see not only a visual ID app but Shazam-like sound ID functionality tied into the Cornell Lab or something. :D Does the iphone app do that?

MontyMo

Reaction score
After registering on their forum an "Android Beta Tester" thread appeared. As expected I could not read anything, it is only open to beta testers.

But I agree, it will not be long. I sure love it that so many great apps are becoming available to Android.

Here is a link to the their web site. You might want to join the forum and encourage the release.

iBird - Field Guide to Birds for the iPhone and Android

Monty

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would try contacting the developer of the iPhone app and ask if he or she would consider developing one for the Android OS.

Mike

jriegel

Reaction score
Check out Audubon Birds

Audubon Birds now available for Android. Identify over 750 birds with thousands of photographs and birdcalls. You can also search by name, family, shape & more. Use our app to track your sightings and add species to your life list. Created by Green Mountain Digital in Alliance with the National Audubon Society. For more information about this application visit: www.audubonguides.com

Let us know what you think!

-Justine Community Manager @ GMD