Birds, birds, birds!!!

surfscottydog

Reaction score
Please,
I am an avid bird watcher, and the iphone has a great birding application. It is like an actual bird watcher book.
Can or will anyone be able to make a similar application for the Droid? I am sure people would pay for it, I would.
Thank you,
Scott

rayvincent

Reaction score
now that spring is here I was wondering the same thing, saw a bird at my feeder the other day and wanted to know what it was. there's an app for that, too bad it's only on iphone. "iBird"

pinballwizard

Reaction score
No, i hope that there is no app developer out their who would make a app for people whos hobby is staring at birds, tree huggers...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, i hope that there is no app developer out their who would make a app for people whos hobby is staring at birds, tree huggers...

Got something against birds? I hope they do get an app. And the trees hugger comment. Was that really necessary?

techguru

Reaction score
Please,
I am an avid bird watcher, and the iphone has a great birding application. It is like an actual bird watcher book.
Can or will anyone be able to make a similar application for the Droid? I am sure people would pay for it, I would.
Thank you,
Scott

There are a few iPhone apps. The best one, iBird, is coming to Android soon. Currently in Beta, and the last I heard was that it would be released in April. I am holding my breath. I helped Beta test the Windows Mobile version that was discontinued due to the inconsistencies in the various hardware platforms and I still keep an old HTC Touch just for that program. Can't wait for the Android release.

Alan

pinballwizard

Reaction score
says the guy with a parrot as his profile picture, and i dont have anything against birds i just don't see the reason why you have to waste your time staring at them, and why birds? Why not like, bug watching or something, their easier to find.

fdkatz

Reaction score
Oh dear, perhaps I was being charitable, but I was willing to say the tree hugger comment was just a little sarcasm. Guess not. Too bad. Bugs are kind of interesting too.

pinballwizard

Reaction score
Oh dear, perhaps I was being charitable, but I was willing to say the tree hugger comment was just a little sarcasm. Guess not. Too bad. Bugs are kind of interesting too.

sorry guess it the tree hugger thing was a little on the offensive side, just tired of everyone trying to get people to go green, don't get me wrong im all for saving money and conserving resources, but i don't think that we we are killing polar bears because from down here.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey. They are talking about watching birds. That's a far cry from global warning which we are not going to discuss. So says the moderator with the bird avatar. ;)

pinballwizard

Reaction score
Hey. They are talking about watching birds. That's a far cry from global warning which we are not going to discuss. So says the moderator with the bird avatar. ;)

No problem, just tell me if you ever want to get off topic again:icon_ banana:

OP
surfscottydog

surfscottydog

Reaction score
as of today, no bird aps worth while.
Hey bird watching is better than slamming heroin.
As for tree hugging, maybe you should try it. By the tone of your post, it sounds like you dont get many hugs anyway.
No,
I am not a tree hugger, or heroin addict. My wife got me into checking out birds while hiking. That has nothing to do with saving the world, or green peace or any other BS that you can come up with, not that there is anything wrong with any of that either.
If you gave it a bit of a chance, it is interesting.

lhfarm

Reaction score
Actually used my daughter-in-laws app on the iPhone this weekend. Pretty amazing. Went to the iBird page hoping for an update, but couldn't seem to find anything. Since we are now into May, does anyone here have an update?

Barry

pinballwizard

Reaction score
as of today, no bird aps worth while.
Hey bird watching is better than slamming heroin.
As for tree hugging, maybe you should try it. By the tone of your post, it sounds like you dont get many hugs anyway.
No,
I am not a tree hugger, or heroin addict. My wife got me into checking out birds while hiking. That has nothing to do with saving the world, or green peace or any other BS that you can come up with, not that there is anything wrong with any of that either.
If you gave it a bit of a chance, it is interesting.

What you say about brid watching is a matter of opinion, seeing as you are going to get offended and start talking about heroin, ill just ignore this comepletely and stick with football.

mrdroid

Reaction score
I was up at Magee Marsh this past week photographing many warblers migrating through. I met a couple people using the iBird app and it made me want to throw their iPhone in the marsh. I hope it gets ported to Android soon.

------------

What you say about brid watching is a matter of opinion, seeing as you are going to get offended and start talking about heroin, ill just ignore this comepletely and stick with football.

So a forum troll doesn't like to go outside and enjoy nature... shocking.