Birdman rom in rom manager?

engle2192

Reaction score
So I loaded up rom manager and when i clicked download roms it says Birdman. but theres no roms in there when u click on it. So is he comming out with one soon or what? justa question.

avt123

Reaction score
Yes. He was suppose to release FlyX (deodexed, rooted and bloat free 2.2) n Friday, but he found a bug. No info has been posted about it since (that I can find).

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yeah he is coming out with one but they did find a bug as the poster above has mentioned it looks like this will be a Test Rom on the Droid X if it Works I am guessing Motorola's Bootloader will no longer be a Problem for Droid X & we could see More roms/Over clocking Possibilites in the near future

these were tweeted by chevy yesterday:

ChevyNo1Droid
Step 1 complete - X is rooted

ChevyNo1Droid
RT: OK I won't lie - I can't put the f'n thing down. Beginnings of SS-X: http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/Droid-X/beginnings.jpg 8:53 PM Aug 27th via web

avt123

Reaction score
Yeah he is coming out with one but they did find a bug as the poster above has mentioned it looks like this will be a Test Rom on the Droid X if it Works I am guessing Motorola's Bootloader will no longer be a Problem for Droid X & we could see More roms/Over clocking Possibilites in the near future

these were tweeted by chevy yesterday:

ChevyNo1Droid
Step 1 complete - X is rooted

ChevyNo1Droid
RT: OK I won't lie - I can't put the f'n thing down. Beginnings of SS-X: http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/Droid-X/beginnings.jpg 8:53 PM Aug 27th via web

Ya. The bootloader needs to be cracked to load custom kernels though I believe. Hopefully we see this ROM up soon, I really want to test it out.

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
AVT I Dont know this as A fact as I did not get my motto droid till March but the moto droid took this long for custom kernels/roms as well the droid x only has been out what 2 months look at the progress give birdman time there should be custom kernels by the end of the year birdman is on a mission

jtseals

Reaction score
birdmans new tweet said the bughunt is over putting the final touches on the rom :) i take it we will see it in rom manager very soon or something up at alldroid im excited!

Seano

Reaction score
from the sounds of things it looks like it will be up soon.

BACAbone

Reaction score
tried loading it through RM and im stuck @ M logo. battery pull and wipe data and cache and again im stuck

MrDonBonJovi

Reaction score
Mine loaded fine. No real substantial difference from stock. Hopefully future versions will start to change more.

Nothing bad to complain about though!

avt123

Reaction score
I can't load the ROM. After booting into rcovery, it wipes cache and data, then says it can't mount the sdcard and the install aborts... Anyone know why?

hacku

Reaction score
This is an RC ROM and in my opinion not worth downloading/installing unless you want to be a guinea pig and want to help out by pointing out all the things that are wrong with it.

There's a few people that have posted at AD with the same problem about the SD card not mounting and now they're not even being able to load up their backup. I would suggest just flashing SBF and going back to the leaked Froyo release.

MrDonBonJovi

Reaction score
This is an RC ROM and in my opinion not worth downloading/installing unless you want to be a guinea pig and want to help out by pointing out all the things that are wrong with it.

There's a few people that have posted at AD with the same problem about the SD card not mounting and now they're not even being able to load up their backup. I would suggest just flashing SBF and going back to the leaked Froyo release.

I don't think the SD card issue is from this ROM as the issues are in CWR and before this ROM loads.