Bionic XT875 boot issues

imutedu

Reaction score
Hey, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. I was browsing on the web (youtube) with my Bionic, the videos would not play. I should have just reset my cache but instead I did a reboot. Now the phone is just stuck in the boot menu when the droid logo appears after the Motorola logo. I have the most recent version of droid and the majority of the post here with related issues are for older versions. Hope you all are well....

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you rooted?

Are you using a ROM?

When you say "reboot" you mean Factory Reset, right?

OP
imutedu

imutedu

Reaction score
Hi aaf709 - I did apply the factory reset (holding down the volume and going to restore) - and the phone still does have the issue. Is that what you are asking?

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
No, he means, when you "rebooted" it, what did you do? An actual reboot is the process of powering down your device and then restarting it. That should not have caused what they call a "boot loop" as you are experiencing. So he is asking you to go into greater detail what you did exactly with your phone, preferably step by step that way we can better understand the issue and possible causes for it.

The only thing I can think of, would be for you to reinstall your operating system via RSD Lite on a Windows based computer. Search the forums here on how to use RSD Lite, also known as FXZ'ing. There should be a tutorial somewhere with links on everything you'll need to download. All in all it's actually a pretty simple process.

OP
imutedu

imutedu

Reaction score
Right - when I did just a simple reboot - it actually did have the "boot loop". I have been reading the forms, I went to just wipe it and restore defaults. Now that I have that completed, I will move on to the RSD Lite.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Right - when I did just a simple reboot - it actually did have the "boot loop". I have been reading the forms, I went to just wipe it and restore defaults. Now that I have that completed, I will move on to the RSD Lite.

Link below