Bionic won't startup, but....

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
So yesterday I had plugged my Bionic into a stereo to play some music out of it. The phone immediately shut itself off (perhaps the stereo is a transformer?) Ok seriously, though. The bionic then began endlessly rebooting itself, getting to my home screen, notification area says 'preparing sd card', for maybe 3-4 seconds, then rebooting. I took it into the verizon store and they are sending me a new one in the mail.

However, I took the old one home and experimented with it. If I take out the 4g card and the sd card, the phone will start up and function fine, albeit quite slowly and obviously with no internet connection. So, if I get my new one in the mail and plug in my cards, will I have the same problem? Is it a phone issue or a card one? I guess my easiest answer is to just wait and find out, but I was curious if anyone around here has any knowledge on the matter.

imchance

Reaction score
Possibly corrupted files on the Sd card?
Assuming your music is stored there, and all was well until you connected to stereo to play music. Sounds reasonable to me.
Did you try rebooting phone without sd card installed, but with sim card installed?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Possibly corrupted files on the Sd card?
Assuming your music is stored there, and all was well until you connected to stereo to play music. Sounds reasonable to me.
Did you try rebooting phone without sd card installed, but with sim card installed?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Well I don't have any music on there, I was using Tune In Radio. I will try your suggestion...

Still doesn't startup. Now I'm not even getting to the droid eye...idk I guess I will wait till I get the replacement but I'm not sending in the old one if the new one doesn't boot. I will be bringing both into the store.