Bionic Will Not Save or Read from SD Card

Reaction score
So I've had my Bionic since day 1 and I'll admit, its more reliable then the Tbolt I was using before, but damn is this product quirky.

I occasionally download a PDF or something and want to pull it off my phone to read on my PC. Wait what?!?! The file isn't there!? I swore I downloaded it... So I go to view my phone and see that it's defaulting to the internal storage which I cannot access when used as a storage device on my PC. WTF... How do I default storage of media and downloads to my SD card? I keep reading around that the SD card is the internal storage? If that's the case, when I go to settings >> storage it see's my 32Gb SD card under SD then?

How do I fix this? I'd like to be able to use this phone like every other android device I've had.

Thanks

OP
A
Reaction score
No experiences with this? Seriously no one else here has had a problem with this?

StephenWVU

Reaction score
I am actually having a similar problem with my Motorola Droid 2. Not sure what the cause is but I can usually get it to work after a few tries.

tbell6

Reaction score
There are two SD cards on Bionic; SD which is the internal one, the second one is the removable one (SD/ext.)

Unless it gets changed, the default is the internal SD. Your looking on the removable SD/ext and finding nothing.

SD (the internal one is 8Gig , 4Gig of which is set aside for applications (apk).
Since this is much larger area then prior Droids, no reason to put applications on removable SD/ext.

Design intent may be to store media, I.e.music, movies etc. I have seen in other discussions, the idea the future updates to operating system my utilize SD/ext.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
With the proper Motorola drivers on the computer you should be able to see both the sdcard-ext and the sdcard.

Also, I agree with previous poster that this odd arrangement is there to facilitate Ice Cream Sandwich.