Bionic Will Not Save or Read from SD Card

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by Archerofthemoon, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Archerofthemoon

Archerofthemoon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I've had my Bionic since day 1 and I'll admit, its more reliable then the Tbolt I was using before, but damn is this product quirky.

I occasionally download a PDF or something and want to pull it off my phone to read on my PC. Wait what?!?! The file isn't there!? I swore I downloaded it... So I go to view my phone and see that it's defaulting to the internal storage which I cannot access when used as a storage device on my PC. WTF... How do I default storage of media and downloads to my SD card? I keep reading around that the SD card is the internal storage? If that's the case, when I go to settings >> storage it see's my 32Gb SD card under SD then?

How do I fix this? I'd like to be able to use this phone like every other android device I've had.

Thanks

2. Archerofthemoon

Archerofthemoon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No experiences with this? Seriously no one else here has had a problem with this?

3. StephenWVU

StephenWVU Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am actually having a similar problem with my Motorola Droid 2. Not sure what the cause is but I can usually get it to work after a few tries.

4. tbell6

tbell6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There are two SD cards on Bionic; SD which is the internal one, the second one is the removable one (SD/ext.)

Unless it gets changed, the default is the internal SD. Your looking on the removable SD/ext and finding nothing.

SD (the internal one is 8Gig , 4Gig of which is set aside for applications (apk).
    Since this is much larger area then prior Droids, no reason to put applications on removable SD/ext.

Design intent may be to store media, I.e.music, movies etc. I have seen in other discussions, the idea the future updates to operating system my utilize SD/ext.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  5. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    With the proper Motorola drivers on the computer you should be able to see both the sdcard-ext and the sdcard.

Also, I agree with previous poster that this odd arrangement is there to facilitate Ice Cream Sandwich.

Search tags for this page
bionic sd card not being read

droid bionic not saving to sd card

droid bionic save all to sd card

droid bionic saving to sd card

droid bionic will not read sd card
droid bionic won't read sd card
motorola bionic won't read card

motorola bionic wont read card

motorola bionic wont read sd card
phone won't read sd card droid bionic