Bionic? Why bother.

Apollox1965

Reaction score
well i'll call you on that, you show me a device that was promoted and advertised as a flagship above all others in its class like the bionic was and then delayed for almost a year

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
well i'll call you on that, you show me a device that was promoted and advertised as a flagship above all others in its class like the bionic was and then delayed for almost a year

Ummm...originally said Q2, and all signs pointed to around June. Delayed almost a year? Really?

And, anyone want to take a bet that at least one of the "tweaks" has something to do with HDMI mirroring? You think VZW has any interest in that feature on an unlimited LTE plan? I can guarantee not, not if they can't control/charge for it. AT&T has a capped plan and they still insist on charging for webtop, albeit at least they give you a measly 2gigs more.

Last edited:

gsdreams

Reaction score

ATI Radeon graphics, before AMD bought them out.

Windows XP which was taken back to the board and MS released ME and 2000 and then later released XP.

Need I go on?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Apollox1965

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Apollox1965
listen its pure common sense, you dont go to the biggest electronic show of the year "ces 2011" and promote and advertise a 4g dual core flagship phone for q2

and soon before its time to release say O we're going to delay another 4 to 5 months cause we want to ad a couple of enhancements

thats just corporate BS for the design is flawed we're going with one of our other designs the origingal design was a tegra 2 cpu the targa/bionic will have something else

Do you pay attention to the electronics industry or just cell phones?

Do you realize how many times something like this has happened for any number of reasons over the last 10 years?

A company previews something, then realize they want to tweak this or that and suddenly that 3 months turns in to 6 or 12 months before anyone sees it.

we're talking about any device not the bionic

gsdreams

Reaction score

Ummm...originally said Q2, and all signs pointed to around June. Delayed almost a year? Really?

You know what is funny? June is Q2 and Q3 doesn't start until July.

gsdreams

Reaction score
lol windows xp is not a device its software

So? There are two parts for these phones. One is hardware, the other is software.

The delay could be due to either side of it and how it interacts with hardware.

gsdreams

Reaction score
its not software the tegra 2 didnt work with LTE

There is no proof of that yet. Nor is there any proof that it may not be a software and not hardware issue.

If the tegra 2 won't work with LTE then Motorola is going to have a lot of pissed off customers who bought the xoom.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Moto is no worse than any other manuf. with ota's. Ive run stock, i root and rom/theme, and o/c. If it comes down to a preference to htc over moto then the arguement is invalid. Everyone will have their preferences, but hardware specs dont lie. I still would have taken the etna specs over the bolt, the new hardware will just be a little bonus for having to wait.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I missed this earlier but you're kidding right? They ditch their own products faster than anyone else I can think of.... well maybe not Sammy.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/manager/softwareupgrades

gsdreams

Reaction score
So what is know to have changed on the Bionic since CES?

Nothing but rumors and speculation at this point as to what has changed. Motorola hasn't said as of yet.

Reaction score
Can't we all just get along? Come on proud TBolt owners and Moto lovers; shake hands and make up. We have more in common (love of Android :) ) than not.
This thread has become almost as bad as an iPhone vs Android flame war on other less reputable sites. That's just what the iPhans :icon_evil: want to see with their talk of fragmentation and dissent in the Android ranks!

Last edited:

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can't we all just get along? Come on proud TBolt owners and Moto lovers; shake hands and make up. We have more in common (love of Android :) ) than not.
This thread has become almost as bad as an iPhone vs Android flame war on other less reputable sites. That's just what the iPhans :icon_evil: want to see with their talk of fragmentation and dissent in the Android ranks!

Preach Brother!!