Bionic vs. Gs2

googlelover

Reaction score
I actually think that you can wait for the best phone without waiting forever, the stipulation is, it may only be the best phone specifically for you.

I'm not waiting for a phone because I want it to be the best there is, I'm waiting for a phone because I want it to have every feature I'm specifically interested in.

The majority rational around here is that we'll be waiting forever if you wait the "best" phone, but that's not true if you end up buying what's best for you.

Personally I want:

Super Amoled Plus Screen 4.0-4.5'' screen
Dual Core 1Ghz+
1gig of RAM
Less than .5'' thick
No bloatware
capacitive buttons
inductive charging built in
physically appealing to my tastes

When a phone that covers those things comes out(On Verizon), that will be the best for me personally, so I won't be waiting for ever. I may be waiting longer than I want, or longer than what someone else has to when they buy their "best" phone, but it won't be forever as is suggested.

There's a difference between waiting for the next best thing, and waiting for what you want personally.
Problem with a lot of people in this forum is what they want personally is the next best thing. See how that can start a never ending cycle?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't see Verizon allowing a phone without bloatware. They love pushing their vcast and vznavigator on us. Plus they will lose money from advertisers that pay them for bloat. They already have to deal with an unbloated ifone that isnt selling to thier expectations. If the rumours are true and the nexus comes to vzw, it will not be the nexus anymore. It will be Verizons hindered version of it. I think one is going to have switch to att or sprint to get the nexus.

Sent from my Incredible 2

wseyller

Reaction score
There is always gonna be a new phone out that is better. My upgrade date was july 21. But the jump from current lte phone to the bionic is huge in my opinion so that I why I'm waiting, granted its not that long of a wait. Lte is a must and I don't care for the thundercrap, the ugly looking charge with hardware buttons I don't like and well the lg revo I....

But I wouldnt wait months for something better. I think that is ridiculous.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Bionic will do everything I need. So why wait? I don't NEED a 4.5 inch screen. I don't NEED super-amoled HD prime. I don't NEED to be the first on the block with Google updates.

These phones have hit about the stage that desktop computers have hit - you have enough.

When I replace the Bionic what I will want is new battery technology which probably won't even be available for a year, and some other real minor stuff. I don't want a 3d phone. I wish they would stop making 3d movies.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Problem with a lot of people in this forum is what they want personally is the next best thing. See how that can start a never ending cycle?

Right, but that is their problem and we let them deal with their problem while we are off playing with out new phones.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see Verizon allowing a phone without bloatware. They love pushing their vcast and vznavigator on us. Plus they will lose money from advertisers that pay them for bloat. They already have to deal with an unbloated ifone that isnt selling to thier expectations. If the rumours are true and the nexus comes to vzw, it will not be the nexus anymore. It will be Verizons hindered version of it. I think one is going to have switch to att or sprint to get the nexus.

All I really ask is that we get the hardware for a nexus device on VZW... the developer community can take care of the the software side of things...

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea Verizon really needs to get a dual core with 1gig of ram phone with an unencrypted bootloader. The other guys already have these types of phones. More ram is noticeable in terms of performance unlike some people may think. Having 768 in my inc2 has more than made up for it only having a single core.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea Verizon really needs to get a dual core with 1gig of ram phone with an unencrypted bootloader. The other guys already have these types of phones. More ram is noticeable in terms of performance unlike some people may think. Having 768 in my inc2 has more than made up for it only having a single core.

I noticed the difference too going from the Droid 1 to the Droid X, and that was only from 256MB to 512MB. Now I see what so many ppl were talking about going from the Droid 1 to the Incredible 1.

wseyller

Reaction score
Not only the amount of ram but I like how the Bionic will have DDR2 ram which will make the ram actually work faster. Are there any phones currently with DDR2 speed in it?

DoctorV

Reaction score
Not only the amount of ram but I like how the Bionic will have DDR2 ram which will make the ram actually work faster. Are there any phones currently with DDR2 speed in it?

The Motorola Atrix does.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Droid 3 has ddr2 also but they should have put higher than 512mb in that thing.