Bionic USB Tether

Tazz3L

Reaction score
Toshiba Thrive Wifi With Droid Bionic without paying for wifi thru my cell co.

Has anyone been able to tether to a Toshiba Thrive tablet using an USB cable? I can USB tether to a Windows notebook with no problem. The Thrive has both the regular and mini USB ports, but I can't seem to make it work. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!

I install FoxFi only on my Droid Bionic. Then set a wifi name and we pass code in FoxFi. Makes my phone a wifi hotspot without using to USB tether . Then I had to tell my tablet the wifi passcodeand wait for the connection. Works like home router!

I had to wait a few seconds and refresh the page to see the connection work on my thrive but it does work! AT100 Thrive.

I was told I'd have to be on a $50/mo data plan to do this on my phone. I have not had to up my data plan from the 30 Base plan for data.

Good luck!

viper_1

Reaction score
Try FoxFi. It's a free Wifi Hotspot tether app that does NOT require Root. I have used it a couple of times and it's works pretty good. The only issue I have had is the amount of time it takes to connect

Suuperflie

Reaction score
What's the best app for rooted phones?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
tgs3838 said:
This is what I followed. Not sure if this is the best method or not. But After i did all this is wouldnt work. After I did a battery pull everything seems to be working fine

Well did u reboot? Cuz if u didn't the battery pull rebooted the phone anytime u edit any of the sql settings in the phone u have to reboot for it to take affect

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
TOMMYBOT said:
Do you have a link to a guide or instructions?

Sent from my iced bionic using Droid Forums. ty gummy!!!

I don't know the exact link but my steps are identical to the one I found this hack on

B

bens42608

Dude all that is unnecessary since foxfi came out. You download it from the play store, hit one button & that's it. My laptop flies on blazing4G

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
bens42608 said:
Dude all that is unnecessary since foxfi came out. You download it from the play store, hit one button & that's it. My laptop flies on blazing4G

I think his point which I wouldn't mind testing is that the stock wifi has faster speeds so accessing that would be better for someone who say uses their wifi for their Xbox (like myself)

B

bens42608

I would like to know the results of this theory but the fact is that fox fI already maxes out my wifi at over 54 mbps. the built in wireless router in inside the phone is not capable of going any faster than that.

B

bens42608

from what I seen most 802.11 routers max out at 54 mbps.... I'm no expert in this but that seems like it make sense to me

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
TOMMYBOT said:
Do you have a link to a guide or instructions?

Sent from my iced bionic using Droid Forums. ty gummy!!!

I have update my 5.5.5.893 with the free hotpot hack along with an overclock hack an dual core activation hack