bionic update

jake86us

Reaction score
Hey guys i have a bionic that has the android 4.0.4 OS in it. It has a update (98.72.22.en.US). Is this a good update or will it make my phone even s**tier? I hate ice cream samwich i wish i could get gingerbread back!!

Thanks for any help!!

mardoon

Reaction score
No issue with 4.1.2 if you want keep root use voodoo rootkeeper or use the linux motoshare 2 root. Both ways are easy.
Mardoon

imvern

Reaction score
Hey guys i have a bionic that has the android 4.0.4 OS in it. It has a update (98.72.22.en.US). Is this a good update or will it make my phone even s**tier? I hate ice cream samwich i wish i could get gingerbread back!!

Thanks for any help!!

I think 4.1.2 is terrible. You loose the ability to long press the search button and direct your phone to do something immediately. You can't say send text to contact name and have it put you in text mode ready to send. Now you have to talk to Google after you've pushed the button and wait for it to think about what you said. Slow. All of the immediate "Voice Actions" are gone. Navigate, Locate, Text, Call. We did have something that Apple didn't have. Now say hello to Siri before you can do anything.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I think 4.1.2 is terrible. You loose the ability to long press the search button and direct your phone to do something immediately. You can't say send text to contact name and have it put you in text mode ready to send. Now you have to talk to Google after you've pushed the button and wait for it to think about what you said. Slow. All of the immediate "Voice Actions" are gone. Navigate, Locate, Text, Call. We did have something that Apple didn't have. Now say hello to Siri before you can do anything.

My Google now works great for navigation, maps, texting, and calling. Not sure why yours isn't working. Starts with long press search too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
All that stuff is still there... Just different buttons... Put the "voice command" shortcut on your home screen with the "Navigation" shortcut right next to it and you're all good.

imvern

Reaction score
All that stuff is still there... Just different buttons... Put the "voice command" shortcut on your home screen with the "Navigation" shortcut right next to it and you're all good.

Putting any shortcut or apps on the home screen doesn't start to be as capable or as simple as what we lost.
This is how it worked before.

[video=youtube;qE3kvG38MT0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE3kvG38MT0&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

jblackfish

Reaction score
After I allowed the system to update to 4.1.2 I lost the ability to speed dial. Is there any way to do that? I haven't been able to find it;

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
After I allowed the system to update to 4.1.2 I lost the ability to speed dial. Is there any way to do that? I haven't been able to find it;

From what I have read, speed dial was removed from the Jelly Bean OS. There are free apps in the Play Store that have speed dial capability.

jwalts27

Reaction score
All i know is that i am bone stock and after the update 2 days ago my battery went to sh!t. Anybody else seeing this?