Bionic update on Punit Soni's Radar.

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Tonik, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Tonik

Tonik Member

Seems someone got his attention.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/ PunitSoni/posts/4X7Eiq1kQC1

"We have a plan for Bionic. I am currently solidifying things to ensure we can publish it, commit and follow up. I think you guys have gotten a raw deal and we could do way better. But you are one of the top few things I worry about when I look at Upgrades."
  2. welsalex

welsalex New Member

Based on the comments I see from him it does not look like we're going to see a soak this week

" Shot through the heart, and you're to blame, darling You give love a bad name"
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  3. chucknorris101

chucknorris101 New Member

Well im sure the Moto developers would love to soak it this week, but it hasnt been up to them for a while.
  4. Tonik

Tonik Member

I agree, he seems to be saying he is still solidifying a plan to get us an update. If there isn't even a solid plan yet then there isn't a release candidate yet.
  5. steakoutdriver

steakoutdriver New Member

Im not happy with moto nuff said
  6. steakoutdriver

steakoutdriver New Member

Im about to throw my bionic at the ground and reactivate my palm pre it that tells you how mad i am
  7. ruinah

ruinah New Member

at least someone with a job at Moto/Google responded to something. I doubt he will do much or help, but we have to give him a chance at least I guess. I just wonder how many countless hours have been spent on the build? Do they have engineers working 8 hours a day on it, or do they work for an hour, go work on new builds for other device, only work on it once week? you'd think they'd try to bang as many of these out as possible. I know a lot of folks say Verizon is the holdup though. I guess time will tell. My upgrade isn't until May next year so I am in for the long haul with this phone.
  8. nomadh

nomadh New Member

Heres my comment

Another Bionic post. Got mine in Nov and the buzz was that we'd have ICS by feb or mar. Seemed reasonable as it was basically done and it was natural that Moto would be working on the "flagship phone", roll out our ICS soon, then work it into all the other downstream products until the new flagship came out in 8-12 months. Specially when GB was having so many problems with data dropping. I knew I was screwed when the Razr came out just a month later. I knew I was screwed, blewed and tatoo's when it also didn't have ICS. I knew they were not even close to ics. I knew my flagship was a closeout throwaway soon to be discontinued. I knew I paid the premium price to get a double core proc that may never activate. I knew even though I paid for new 4g I was lucky to even have sporadic 3g connectivity. I knew I should have just bought whatever was on sale and saved $300. I should have known Moto was just blowing things out their ass trying to find someone to acquire them in a corporate buyout.
    Please don't take this wrong Mr. Soni. I don't think any of us are yelling at you but we would like to use you as a megaphone to scream our heads off "through you" to the management. Even there the new management may have had very little to do with what happened over the last year because of the sale of moto wireless. However I do believe they can do a lot to get things moving faster.
    Please PLEASE, do what you can. Give lots more info. Unlock the boot. At this late point give us support for those that have jumped to ics early. How about you release the current build OTA with a disclaimer of problems you have found and let us decide. And please give us a date. If it wasn't for being jerked around on this last time line I would have already done the ICS myself.
    Thank You
  9. welsalex

welsalex New Member

Why oh why can't he or someone else who knows just give us the direct information we want? Is it such a big deal to be more specific?
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  10. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

In a way, yes. Moto tried this approach once. The missed a projected release date. The public tried to crucify them over it.
  11. altspeed

altspeed New Member

Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
    Think about it. Given past history he would be a fool to say anything that could be construed as specific before they pull the trigger on a push.
  12. Tonik

Tonik Member

Which is exactly what they have done with ICS for the Bionic. Early 3rd quarter is over by any definition of early 3rd quarter. He is in damage control mode for that broken promise, which is cool. He manned up and said they messed up. He sounds sincere and very interested and aware of the problem. And it sounded like he was already on the case before these posts. He talks about how hard it is to change the course of a large org. I work in a large org that isn't as big as Moto and he is right. It is hard, very hard even if you are the boss. I measure people and orgs not by the mistakes they make, but but how they try and correct those mistakes.

Until he proves otherwise I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt.
  13. nri1998

nri1998 New Member

For me, his vague answers seem to indicate that ICS may be not released anytime soon. Hope I am wrong.
  14. nomadh

nomadh New Member

How come I have a picture in my head that ICS is pretty solid and the problem is at verizon or Moto management where they look at it and say "you didnt put enough bloatware on it" "these ad-ins aren't intrusive enough" "How come this OS is as fast as native ics?" "Is there some way you can make this use more battery?" "This is way too easy to uninstall our crapware"
    "You need to fix this or they may never upgrade!"
    Those poor engineers at moto.
    How about a Letterman top 10 reasons why ICS is still not released on Bionic.

#10 With ICS Bionic will become the one device to rule them all and the only way to destroy them will be to throw them into the mouth of Mt Doom!
  15. BJLDroid

BJLDroid New Member

He said today that ICS should be coming in early Q4... :icon_eek:
  16. axlerod

axlerod Member

I figure it like this, I bought my bionic on 9/8/2011 and for the most part have enjoyed it. I am tired of promises however but I am glad to at least hear something. I just don't don't a lot of faith in what I hear. I will wait until march then see. If nothing then I have no choice but to get a new phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  17. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

I bought my Bionic based on my positive experience with the original Droid. I was very upset to learn that the Bionic (and all subsequent Motorola phones) have encrypted boot loaders. The recent news that Motorola will unencrypt the boot loaders of all of their recent phones BUT the Bionic, combined with the endless delays of ICS, and Verizon's own culpability in a lot of this has pretty much made my decision for me. At the end of my current contract, my next phone will be a Nexus phone, and most likely on T-Mobile.:angry:
  18. SnydersWeb

SnydersWeb New Member

Yes, things have been handled poorly. We know now that the Bionic is now front and center in the spotlight and things WILL change. We've been patient thus far, we have now beat the poor guy over the head repeatedly. Give him time.

Cure takes a while to soak in and take effect. Changes are coming not only to Moto, but perhaps to then Android landscape.
  19. welsalex

welsalex New Member

I see everyone posting on Mr. Soni' G+. It's exciting to see a higher up reaching out directly to the people.

However I've noticed comments on his account are bleeding out from the one "thread" to a few other posts he has going. I've posted in said areas noting how "spamming" his whole G+ is disrespectful and inconsiderate.

Like is said above, he has been "beaten over the head" and now the Bionic seems to be of top concern! Let's all be proactive and Thank Punit Soni, rather than continuing to beat on him.

JOY TO THE WORLD, MOTOROLA IS CHANGING!
  20. altspeed

altspeed New Member

Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
    Yeah. The poor guy is getting absolutely dogpiled by people that haven't read the thread. Sound familiar?
Search tags for this page

soniradar