Bionic Update: New Info

Smoke#14

Reaction score
My Bionic is currently un-rooted at this time.

I think I remember reading that the date for the OTA upadate was either 11-3 or 11-5. Is this correct and is this just what most believe or has it been confirmed by Moto/Verizon. I know that even when it comes out that it will be released to geographical area a little at a time, I'm just questioning when it will start.

Last edited by a moderator:

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure but it's November 1st today so either way, it won't be too much longer :)

sent from my liberated bionic using Droid forums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even so, keep in mind that it will be RANDOM even to the point that if you bought 2 Bionics the same day, one might get the update weeks after the other one did.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Things to do while waiting on the update:

1) consume massive quantities of Halloween candy..
2)

OP
Smoke#14

Smoke#14

Reaction score
Things to do while waiting on the update:

1) consume massive quantities of Halloween candy..
2)

Well we have massive quantities left, we bought $40 worth of candy (buy one get one so only cost $20) and we had about 15 kids last night, good thing we only buy candy we like also.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Matt, the forum manager on Moto's Bionic support forum, posted today that the official update is expected in 30 to 60 days: http://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/60849?start=0&tstart=0

motorola.png
Matt (Forums Manager)
6,695 posts since
May 2, 2006
DROID BIONIC™ by Motorola
Verizon Wireless
United States

10. Nov 1, 2011 3:09 PM (in response to lewwill)
New Update
I know everyone is eager for updated software. We have been working diligently on a software update for DROID BIONIC and have a version in the testing stage; we expect to deliver it to users in 30 to 60 days. The update is targeting issues identified through owner feedback and we’re confident it will improve device performance.

Last edited:

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
Just FYI I just got off the phone with a Motorola rep who advised the update should be here in a "couple of weeks." As usual, nobody seems to know a specific date... Where's the Bionic project manager when you need him/her?!?!?!?

cbrmike

Reaction score
I sure hope its sooner than later, keeping us in the dark with a date is getting old . I for one will not get jerked along for long, I will just sell it and grab a more stable phone and I assume Im not alone.

GeneralZod

Reaction score
New Update
I know everyone is eager for updated software. We have been working diligently on a software update for DROID BIONIC and have a version in the testing stage; we expect to deliver it to users in 30 to 60 days. The update is targeting issues identified through owner feedback and we’re confident it will improve device performance.
Disappointing. I had been waiting to see if the update fixed the data loss and camera issues. However, it's going to be as many as 60 days, than I suspect I'll wait to see if the RAZR has any glaring issues. If not, I think that's the way to go.

cbrmike

Reaction score
Disappointing. I had been waiting to see if the update fixed the data loss and camera issues. However, it's going to be as many as 60 days, than I suspect I'll wait to see if the RAZR has any glaring issues. If not, I think that's the way to go.

If this is what I end up having to do I will not be supporting Moto by getting the RAZR.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I am SHOCKED! The update is not coming when the mods super secrete source's cousins girlfriend said it would. Should I return the phone or wait for aliens to insert a comunication probe in my brain?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

motorola.png
Matt (Forums Manager)
6,695 posts since
May 2, 2006
DROID BIONIC™ by Motorola
Verizon Wireless
United States

10. Nov 1, 2011 3:09 PM (in response to lewwill)
New Update

"Owners" AKA Beta testers. Yer welcome Moto!