Bionic update 5.9.901 root options?

ryanapfel

Reaction score
I lost my root during the new update. I'm wondering if there is a way to get my root back. I used one of the one click root programs before (Pete's?). Is there a newer updated one that works? Or a different way to root it? Thanks

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!!

And sorry to say I know next to nothing about the Bionic. But I moved your thread to the "Bionic Hacks" section in hopes that someone with more knowledge on the subject will be able to chime in.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No problem! Good luck to you in your rooting journey :)

locofocos

Reaction score
I believe you need to downgrade to 5.5.893, perform a forever root, then reinstall 5.9.901. I can't get the current root exploit (zergrush) to work in 5.9.901, but you should try it before downgrading to do it. Here's the tool- http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...70-r3l3as3droot-43v3r-root-bionic-v2-1-a.html If that doesn't work, it's a bit more complicated. This Bionic Path Saver 1-Click Method should let you downgrade to use 43v3r-root. I posted a thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ade-path-retaining-root-901-installation.html if you have any problems. Good luck!

OP
R

ryanapfel

Reaction score
Thank you. That worked perfect

Sent from my SCH-I905 using DroidForums

Reaction score
Does the one click path saver wipe the phone? I am on 901 unrooted. Would love to root, but do not want to reset all my apps, widgets etc. Thanks!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Bionic_Pags

Reaction score
Thank you. That worked perfect

Sent from my SCH-I905 using DroidForums

Hi, I am currently on 5.9.901 and would like to root... which method worked for you? The "R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the Bionic v2.1", or the "Bionic Path Saver 1-Click Method"? Thanks in advance!

jkliving92

Reaction score
Hi, I am currently on 5.9.901 and would like to root... which method worked for you? The "R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the Bionic v2.1", or the "Bionic Path Saver 1-Click Method"? Thanks in advance!

The I'd recommend not fooling with released script. Its meant to root 5.7.893 not 5.5.893 so it won't work. the best thing to do is use the path saver with the runmebbb.bat fix. That's roots and forever roots while still running 886. Also if you do a days wipe while doing path saver you'll lose days connection completely. all the scripts you need are somewhere in the threads on the bionic section. I don't have links but I'm sure someone would happy to post them again.

locofocos

Reaction score
The Bionic Path Saver actually performs a forever root during the process. 5.9.901 can't currently be rooted, so you just need to run the one-click script. This will downgrade you to 5.5.893, perform a forever root, then ask you to install some updates. Make sure you don't install 5.9.901 until after everything is complete, and you should be fine. Here's the script- Bionic Path Saver 1-Click Method (I hate to be that guy who links to his posts everywhere...) I posted a thread here with a lot of info if you run into problems. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ade-path-retaining-root-901-installation.html

DanSan

Reaction score
made a video of me rooting my friends bionic. if anyone needs help.

[video=youtube;u-Ww8BAa3KU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Ww8BAa3KU[/video]

Bionic_Pags

Reaction score
The Bionic Path Saver actually performs a forever root during the process. 5.9.901 can't currently be rooted, so you just need to run the one-click script. This will downgrade you to 5.5.893, perform a forever root, then ask you to install some updates. Make sure you don't install 5.9.901 until after everything is complete, and you should be fine. Here's the script- Bionic Path Saver 1-Click Method (I hate to be that guy who links to his posts everywhere...) I posted a thread here with a lot of info if you run into problems. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ade-path-retaining-root-901-installation.html

Thanks locofocos! I actually saw your post make the front news on Droid forums.. Nicely done... Just wanted to make sure that was the right way to go!

Reaction score
Anyone? Does the one click wipe the device clean?