Bionic Update (5.9.901.en.US)

OP
FantomPhlasher

FantomPhlasher

Reaction score
Sorry guys... my public access to dropbox has been temporarily suspended due to heavy traffic. Maybe someone else can upload the zip to share the load.

OP
FantomPhlasher

FantomPhlasher

Reaction score
fyi, for future reference about Dropbox I didn't know.

https://www.dropbox.com/help/45?ss=1&ft=unknown
I guess my 10 GB/day went quick. Oh well, live and learn.:icon_ devil:

BTW, I found another thread addressing this update so I guess there's no need for this one to continue.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...27-verizon-just-sent-me-update-5-9-901-a.html

Thanks to all that assisted in the research of what this update was about.

The conclusion... the update
  • failed
  • worked but lost root
  • work just great
Now I need to suck it up, try the update and see which bullet I take. :icon_eek:

Thanks again,

Fantom

alodar1

Reaction score
So, are we assuming this is a legit release? I've seen the screen shots..heard about the leaks...got the ota...are we assuming this is safe? Safe as in, this still leaves us on the stock OTA path. It looks like a dozen or so people have reported getting it, but I don;t see anyone in the last 24hrs getting it.

What do the experts think?

dstreng

Reaction score
be careful guys. i updated. tried to apply kinectx and got a brick that released root wont bring back. if anyone can help it would b greatly appreciated

cebosound

Reaction score
hmmmm. this is interesting. I will keep my Bionic rooted and rommed where its at for now. But i will keep an eye on this situation. ... Keep posting what is learned .

jpnestel

Reaction score
be careful guys. i updated. tried to apply kinectx and got a brick that released root wont bring back. if anyone can help it would b greatly appreciated

Look over in RootzWiki. I think I read someone over there that found a solution. I think the title is "unbrick me"

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I'm back up and running. Though the info they give isn't quite the easiest to follow and didn't work for me I got the general idea.

Download Android Flasher: [UTILITY] Android Flasher 2.2.0.5! (12/12/11) - xda-developers

Download this file and use 7zip to untar it onto your desktop: http://www.multiupload.com/4FQV4MLO4G

N
ow put your phone into the Fastboot Mode (Not with the fail flasher)

Click "Radio" and find the radio.img from the file you just untared.

This is really all you need but you may use the "System" link as well.

Click "Begin"

Once it has finished flashing the file your phone will reboot. Disconnect it from the computer and boot it up normally. You should be good to go.

rduckwor

Reaction score
Good deal. I'm saving this post for that ultimate day . . .

Congrats!!

RMD

Reaction score
Unfortunately I still can't get the 893 update. Mainly because the system is mismatched. I saw another guy successfully got .901 after the brick. I'm curious as to how he did this. Any suggestions?