Bionic Update (5.9.901.en.US)

wolf102

Reaction score
I just flashed it and thank you Big Red for even more bloatware ;)
ROOT GO BYE BYE...:frown: Haven't really noticed any big improvements. I tried to Zerg root and no luck... :frown:
yup root went bye bye on my wifes phone.i have my phone running on 5.8.894 with root.im glad i couldnt update mine to the 5.9

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I just flashed it and thank you Big Red for even more bloatware ;)
ROOT GO BYE BYE...:frown: Haven't really noticed any big improvements. I tried to Zerg root and no luck... :frown:

More bloat? What do they add?

Reaction score
has anyone attempted to flash this from stock recovery without downloading it from official OTA (via the link provided is what I mean)?

I did. I posted of my experience in the other thread on the General Bionic forum.

I was on 5.5.893 and rooted. I manually installed this new update and it went perfect. I kept root.

I gained at least two apps that I can see, including the Emergency alert app I heard about here in NYC.

I recommended reading the other thread as well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

mjphoto45

Reaction score
5.5.8 bad for me. Be careful texting two women at the same time. Messages go where they want. The BIGGEST problem...cant upload to youtube for my business. Waiting to retry error

mjphoto45

Reaction score
can i get 5.9.901 now? 12/20/11

Any info one what this fixes? I'm guessing 5.5.893 didn't have the results Verizon was looking for. No info doing a Google search. Verizon trying to fix the data drop problem? Back to back system updates... kinda strange!
View attachment 44268
http://db.tt/j0nBM8Jm

Please help. 5.5.8 bad for me. How can i get 5.9.901 now????

Thanks
Mark

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please help. 5.5.8 bad for me. How can i get 5.9.901 now????

Thanks
Mark

Edited your post, please do not post your email address and telephone number, thanks. Btw, the download is in the thread right here.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Edited your post, please do not post your email address and telephone number, thanks. Btw, the download is in the thread right here.

That was. 991. different builds.

deltafar

Reaction score
Running 5.9.901

More bloat? What do they add?
Added Verizons own App market App (V Cast Apps), Emergency App (It's like the Emergency Broadcast System for your phone), Slingbox, MOG Music player, New Video player App (also lets you rent movies if you ARE NOT rooted). Not sure if all of the other stuff is still there because I had all of the original bloat frozen. I think they may actually be in the V Cast Apps and you down load them now. I so miss my root... Somebody smarter than I fix PLEASE...

I'm gonna keep it for now and see how it goes. I haven't noticed any performance improvements. I already had good 4G coverage. Maybe this is one of those times where I shouldn't have screwed with it... :blink:

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
That was. 991. different builds.

Thank you I feel like a goof:crazy: Now where's that download at? I thought someone posted it somewhere.

Binky75

Reaction score
OK little new to this. I'm totally stock which file do I download? Then what is the steps to install it? Thanks for the help.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks

rexboe

Reaction score
Just updated from 5.5.893 using the link to update in post 9 I was forever rooted and keep root. Used stock recovery and it went perfectly.

Binky75

Reaction score
Just updated from 5.5.893 using the link to update in post 9 I was forever rooted and keep root. Used stock recovery and it went perfectly.

Do I have to do something special after I download it?

rexboe

Reaction score
Do I have to do something special after I download it?
I just used the stock recovery and install from sd card

I just used the stock recovery and install from sd card