Bionic Software Update

Caren4u2

Reaction score
I have 5.5.886.XT875. Is this the most recent? I have received nothing OTA.
I have 5.5.893.xt875
I was on Motorola's website yesterday and spotted that the Bionic is scheduled to receive the ICS but there isn't a schedule date yet.

340DartMan

Reaction score
Will 5.9.901 accept future OTA's?

To the OP; glad you got the 5.5.893 update....... One final note; you'll probably see some threads about update 5.9.901. This was an update that went to a couple of dozen people and that was it. However, it was captured so if you're inclined to do so, you can install it manually. Lots of posts on how to do that. Just read the threads if you want to do the install.
ses020570: Just a suggestion: Use Bionic Booststrap and do a complete back up of your phone while you have 5.5.893. This way you can revert to 5.5.893 from 5.9.901 to accept future OTA's. Not sure if loading 901 will allow future OTA's even though some Bionics supposedly have 901 from motorola. Using root explorer, I went back in the Bootstrap backup folder and renamed the backup files. This way I could see which files are what after selecting the Bootstrap restore option.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I had this same issue on my bionic.... I got mine in october, and went on the road... came back and started reading about an update in december... kept checking for it but had the same results as you... did a reset and it finally received the update.... phone worked well.... just for the audio jack to mess up... just got the warranty phone... and now I have the BSOD and data drops.... I'm thrilled..... so much so that I'm contemplating whether or not to just root the phone... or call Verizon and gripe... see what happens????

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

Caren4u2

Reaction score
Hearing that there is an OTA out right now. So far haven't received it yet.

painball64

Reaction score
Same here. Lets see whats improved

painball64

Reaction score
Well forever root worked great. Thank god lol

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
Did you come from .901 or .893?

I had 893, have only had Bionic since last Fri. I just checked the setting/update, there it was. Approx 10 min and I'm done. Have no info on what's changed. Will tell as I learn.

One thing I know right now, better 3G signal.showing full 4 bars, had 3 just few mins ago.

PS: non rooted...

Last edited:

welsalex

Reaction score
I had 893, have only had Bionic since last Fri. I just checked the setting/update, there it was. Approx 10 min and I'm done. Have no info on what's changed. Will tell as I learn.

One thing I know right now, better 3G signal.showing full 4 bars, had 3 just few mins ago.

PS: non rooted...

I'm going to go from 5.7.893 to 5.5.893 as soon as battery is full. Root it, Then hopefully achieve the OTA to .902. Been waiting for this.