Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
If anyone has the link to sign up can they please repost it for others, I know it's been posted before, I can't seem to find it now. Thanks!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If anyone has the link to sign up can they please repost it for others, I know it's been posted before, I can't seem to find it now. Thanks!

the link to sign up for the mfn? if so, it's here

that assumes you already have an account on the forums and are signed in...

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Shadez, did you get the soak test push? Know about the confidentiality stuff, just curious whether anyone has really received the push.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope it comes out with a completely different version number than what we've seen with the leaks...

konellaz

Reaction score
I hope it comes out with a completely different version number than what we've seen with the leaks...

Me too, because the supposed .7.893 didn't do crap for my bionic

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

bigtex52

Reaction score
My only concern is that if it is a totally different OTA than the 7.893 that we all know and love, even if it does fix the problems we have had to date, it may close some holes that we currently exploit and it could take a while to find another way to root. I know 43v3rroot is SUPPOSED to take care of that but there could be fixes for the fixes.

konellaz

Reaction score
My only concern is that if it is a totally different OTA than the 7.893 that we all know and love, even if it does fix the problems we have had to date, it may close some holes that we currently exploit and it could take a while to find another way to root. I know 43v3rroot is SUPPOSED to take care of that but there could be fixes for the fixes.

Ahh.. I thought the same thing.. For now.. I went stock.. On this particular replacement I didn't cheesecake or flash a zip.. .886 stock.. Time to wait and see

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

dpw2atox

Reaction score
The last "leak" that was found was 5.7.894 which closed the "forever root" exploit that was found and has no other system changes. If Motorola pushes out this as the OTA for the soak test, you can run 5.7.893 without updating or worst case flash a pre-rooted system image. Still I am hoping that motorola ends up pushing out a newer build with a few more tweaks and enhancements but im sure we'll see soon enough.