Bionic SMS, MMS no getting to other carriers?

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by xxnonamexx, Dec 29, 2011.

1. xxnonamexx

xxnonamexx New Member

I am able to send/receive SMS,MMS messages to other vzn members as well as other providers. My friend has AT&T and they are unable to receive an attached photo via text message from my bionic yet my other friend who has a bionic can send same text and they recieve it. What is wrong with my text. I uninstalled Handcent and tried with the stock and same thing.
  2. ripper2860

ripper2860 Member

I have a similar issue. My wife is AT&T and recently she stopped receiving my MMS pics. Text is fine, but MMS pics are never received. My daughters can send mms PICS to to her ae just fine (they are AT&T). I use Handcent and it used to work. .893x issue maybe? AT&T issue perhaps? I'll have to do some more testing. Maybe it's not resizing and AT&T is rejecting.
  3. wilboy

wilboy New Member

AFAIK...you can't send and receive MMS using Wifi only(just SMS only-w/ or w/out wifi) you need to be in 4g/3g.Now if you recived any MMS w/ just wifi only,you can not open it unless 4g/3g is enabled..then you can download the pics.....ripper2860 was right too 'cause of the big size of the MMS(limited size).
  4. wilboy

wilboy New Member

And oh,one more thing,in my experienced,it happened to me also when i installed the Handcent and uninstalled it,i can't send and received any,so lucky me i have had a backup copy of my SMS.apk,i installed and and it works,just my 2cents:)
  5. ripper2860

ripper2860 Member

Ah ha!! I was on Wifi!! Thanks!!
  6. wilboy

wilboy New Member

NP!..we're all here to help and for those that needs help right?May be,someday...ill be needing your help too..:D
Search tags for this page

bionic droid can work with which phone companys

thunderbolt cannot send sms text at&t

unable to receive text on bionic