bionic sluggish after ics update

rcblate

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed any overall sluggish behavior from the bionic post ics update? Getting a bet annoying.

Thoughts?

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed any overall sluggish behavior from the bionic post ics update? Getting a bet annoying.

Thoughts?

Yep wipe dalvik and cache and if that don't help factory reset will do the trick...

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually the last month with GB was extremely slow some days, maybe 10 seconds after pressing button for something to open. Other days it was fast.

The ICS OTA update cured it instantly and I did a cache wipe as well. Might've cured it in GB if I had thought of it.

kdwisdom

Reaction score
I notice it too and I did wipe the cache when I installed it, so I don't think that would be the issue. The browser is especially slow as is Facebook often.

OP
R

rcblate

Reaction score
Jc, are there instructions for your suggestion? Also, i use the extended battery, what is battery life like with the orginial one in an ics environment?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The browser is especially slow as is Facebook often.

I found that Facebook doesn't work that well with ICS. It works, but I'll get an error message almost every time and have to press "wait" for it to open. I'm using Friendcaster at the moment.

Jc, are there instructions for your suggestion?

Clearing davik requires root. You can clear the cache by booting into recovery.

1) Power down
2) Boot into Recovery by pressing Power, Vol Up & Down simultaneously
3) Vol Down for Recovery, then Vol Up
4) When the Android appears, press Vol Up & Down simultaneously
5) Vol Down to "Wipe Cache Partition"
6) Press Power
7) When cache is cleared and done, press Power to reboot

Last edited:

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Yea I guess we never did find out if you are rooted or not....

OP
R

rcblate

Reaction score
Hey everyone. J I am not rooted. I did wipe clean the cache folder per your instructions. It did not seem to do the tick. This thing hangs up even more now than before. Should i just do a factory reset? Such a pain in the ass to deal with.

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Yes I would suggest a reset. That's what I've always done in the past.

Reaction score
I got so sick of this...I went and got the Note 2 today. My bionic was taking 3 to 4 seconds to open emails, or other apps. It all happened after I went to the OTA. It made the phone unbearable at times. I did a factory reset as well after I installed the OTA.

samwifi

Reaction score
Ya.. I've cleared all cache and did factory reset and it's still a terribly performing phone with ics. Motorola sure screwed this one. I don't want to upgrade but might need to.

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Very weird. Worse case you could try using the hob.

qwas789

Reaction score
Same thing for me, the sluggishness. As a last resort I flashed a leaner rom like eclipse. Works great now. Easy to do w/ the new safestrap. Check it out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

rumblee1

Reaction score
Well I've had my galaxy note 2 for a couple of days now and I'm absolutely loving it. Its my first non-moto phone ever since 1994. I waited for the maxx hd only to get screwed again with a horrible camera and last year's operating system. And the writers that reviewed this phone were right. The build quality is great. If you've got a n upgrade coming, consider it.