Bionic shown with blazing speeds over 4g!

DoctorV

Reaction score
Not necessarily. From the Anandtech reviews, it seems like the LG Revolution's LTE radio doesn't perform quite as well as the Charge's did and I think the Thunderbolt as well. The only way to know is to test them in the same location on the same server, though. LG uses their own LG-manufactured baseband for their LTE radio, though.

Brandon

Interesting. We've got a good discussion going on in this thread. I would have thought that all LTE radios should perform the same but it looks like this isn't the case. I guess that's yet another thing to consider when buying an LTE phone.

I'm also concerned that people are going to be expecting 35Mbps download speeds all the time as long as their getting a 4G signal. I'm going to assume that this will not be the case and it will vary greatly as 3G speeds do as well.

DoctorV

Reaction score
Ill have to go back in this week and retest with pictures. It was definitely a couple MB difference though. The tb was getting in the 20s, and the charge and rfevolution weren't toughing that. Ill reconfirm this week and snoop around.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Ok cool. That would be great to see some real world results.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
What we have to remember is once the masses jump on the Bionic, 4G is going to slow down a bit as well. There really hasn't been a truly successful 4g phone yet on Verizon. The Charge comes close, the Thunderbolt isn't very popular, but the Bionic will meet a lot of people's needs and I imagine it will be the first big 4G phone for Verizon in terms of numbers. It's possible that the new 4g LTE chip is more efficient though, so that could be a reason why we're seeing somewhat better numbers.

nikecar

Reaction score
I'm in a university setting, and I only get a 1/3 of that DL speed. I DO get higher Upload though.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
What we have to remember is once the masses jump on the Bionic, 4G is going to slow down a bit as well. There really hasn't been a truly successful 4g phone yet on Verizon. The Charge comes close, the Thunderbolt isn't very popular, but the Bionic will meet a lot of people's needs and I imagine it will be the first big 4G phone for Verizon in terms of numbers. It's possible that the new 4g LTE chip is more efficient though, so that could be a reason why we're seeing somewhat better numbers.

I don't think "masses" is quite an accurate term. I can't imagine a "mass" of people getting the Bionic. Maybe the people who want a high end 4G phone but I don't believe that this is going to be that phone that everybody's going to have. It doesn't have that OG Droid or Droid Incredible feel to me.

OP
Covington

Covington

Reaction score
I don't think "masses" is quite an accurate term. I can't imagine a "mass" of people getting the Bionic. Maybe the people who want a high end 4G phone but I don't believe that this is going to be that phone that everybody's going to have. It doesn't have that OG Droid or Droid Incredible feel to me.

I hope you're right but I also want it to have a strong dev community.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Team Black Hat said they are all in for getting a Bionic. So folks that get a Bionic will see some kind of development for it.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
My ATT DSL gets 1.8mbps...
And my Verizon 3G gets 2.4...lol

I would love to have those kinds of speeds. But in all honesty, there hasn't been a time in the last year where I would need it.
It'd be cool to have though, but for me it'd be more for show.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Team Black Hat said they are all in for getting a Bionic. So folks that get a Bionic will see some kind of development for it.

I am sure the Bionic will get a ton of Dev attention.
Despite some better rumored phones upcoming, it has been pretty popular. I am worried about my Droid 3 getting enough.

The Bionic/3 will be like the Droid X/2.
The Bionic will be more popular, and get all the ROMS first, like the Droid X did.

The Droid 3 will get them shortly after.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So this is supposedly saying that 4G will be faster than Cable services?... really?

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'm sure it won't either. This seems to be an internet community thing. They hype when it's released will be with good marketing no doubt.. but to me it's just gonna be another phone for people to choose from. I could be easily be wrong, though.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums