Bionic shown with blazing speeds over 4g!

rumblee1

Reaction score
To bad the release isn't as blazing. Buy the way, sunjay said a September release, but didn't say what year. I'm betting that the galaxy s2 can still beat this to market. If it does and it has 4g, I'm there.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hopefully...the thing that sets the Bionic apart from the rest is battery life using 4G, or battery life period.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
This photo along with the photo of the girl holding it in the store definitely makes the screen size look different, more square instead of so tall and skinny like the DX. I like it and hopefully this is maybe a slightly different version than the one that passed the FCC because it definitely looks different

DoctorV

Reaction score
When I was in a verizon store, the thunderbolt consistently got higher speeds than both the charge and revolution. I ran it many times at the same time on all three phones. I'm hoping this screenshot shows the bionic will at least match speeds seen on the tb.

That's interesting. How much of a difference was there between them? Do you remember the speeds?

Renae

Reaction score
That's interesting. How much of a difference was there between them? Do you remember the speeds?

Ill have to go back in this week and retest with pictures. It was definitely a couple MB difference though. The tb was getting in the 20s, and the charge and rfevolution weren't toughing that. Ill reconfirm this week and snoop around.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

wseyller

Reaction score
I'm betting if the Charge was sitting right next to the Bionic on that table it would get the same speed as well because they would both be connected to the same cell tower. It's like saying that if a dual core HP computer was hooked up to a cable connection and got 20Mbps then a six core Dell computer using the same connection should be the exact same. The processor shouldn't matter and both should be using the same standard Ethernet controller as well. I think an LTE radio should be an LTE radio. I don't think there is such a thing as different LTE speed rated radios.

Who says the LTE radio is the same. Has anyone verified that the LTE radio in the Thunderbolt is the exact mfg, model, revision as the one in the Charge. Also for the Bionic didn't Motorola decide to make their own LTE radio. I wouldn't think there would be a super huge different in performance but noticeable might be possible.

Also even with the same exact LTE radio chip, you still have different baseband software between phones. Some phones have received several modem software upgrades that help increase the performance.

Last edited:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Folks are pointing out the latency with those speeds....didnt notice that before. Guess thats a good thing too. Would that be a modem thing or server thing? Guess its hard to say unless you do side by side tests with 2 phones on the same server?

wseyller

Reaction score
Folks are pointing out the latency with those speeds....didnt notice that before. Guess thats a good thing too. Would that be a modem thing or server thing? Guess its hard to say unless you do side by side tests with 2 phones on the same server?

latency is partially dependent on the server. Typically the less distance and step required to reach the server the better ping you will get. If you ping a server in china it's gonna be around 1000ms or more. But two phone side by side hitting the same tower and both using the same test server in my mind is a good comparison.

bplewis24

Reaction score
Thank you for pointing that out! What does it matter what 4G phone it is? Shouldn't the Thunderbolt, Charge and Revolution get the same speed too if they're all 4G? What's the Bionic doing differently that's so special?

Not necessarily. From the Anandtech reviews, it seems like the LG Revolution's LTE radio doesn't perform quite as well as the Charge's did and I think the Thunderbolt as well. The only way to know is to test them in the same location on the same server, though. LG uses their own LG-manufactured baseband for their LTE radio, though.

Brandon

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Somewhat of an unrelated question, but I'm assuming it will be possible to change the color of the blue status bar.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Ya why are they bothering to hype up this phone on twitter and all these leaks they know everyone wants this phone and we have been waiting an ungodly amount of time for it

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums