Bionic rooted wireless tether ad-hoc problem

ryanapfel

Reaction score
I rooted my phone tonite. Got the wireless tether to work, it shows the the phone signal on my laptop. But it shows it as a ad-hoc signal (looks like 3 computer screens connected to each other in a triangle) problem is I can't connect to it using my laptop. And the signal doesn't even show up on my tablet. What can I do to fix this. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I905 using DroidForums

z96Cobra

Reaction score
Which version of Wifi Tether ate you using? Did you change -Device Profile- to Bionic?

OP
R

ryanapfel

Reaction score
I accually tried multipul apps. The last one I used was the only one to let me choose my exact phone. I picked bionic but when I tried to start the wifi I got some errors in the log. I ended up giving up on the wireless teher idea and tried another way to open up the stock Verizon hotspot app for free. That worked. Btw. If anyone is interested in that just let me know and I'll post the website I found the instructions on.

reminon

Reaction score
From the way people have talked is that wifi tether would be harder for Verizon to see than their app ran with provisioning off

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
R

ryanapfel

Reaction score
Thats probly true. But since I can't get it working any other way I had to do that. If anyone has an alternative I'd love to hear about it

OP
R

ryanapfel

Reaction score
Wow. Lol of corse it works now. I tried 20 different apps to get it to work and nothing. U send me one link and its done. Lol thank you. I'll have to save that page.

reminon

Reaction score
Wow. Lol of corse it works now. I tried 20 different apps to get it to work and nothing. U send me one link and its done. Lol thank you. I'll have to save that page.

Lol no prob, I tried like 20 myself before they fixed the errors in it. For the longest the bionic had no free wifi tethering, and usb sucks cause 4g kills the battery faster than it can charge.

djmatt8787

Reaction score
Lol no prob, I tried like 20 myself before they fixed the errors in it. For the longest the bionic had no free wifi tethering, and usb sucks cause 4g kills the battery faster than it can charge.

yea, i had to go DL the beta10 because the hotspot stopped working... i wonder why though, it was working like a week ago when i used BionicPathSaver to root (again) and now no SSL tethering because i cant get my android tablet to acquire an IP address... i just rooted my dad's bionic this morning, and his hotspot works fine :-(

djmatt8787

Reaction score
yea, i had to go DL the beta10 because the hotspot stopped working... i wonder why though, it was working like a week ago when i used BionicPathSaver to root (again) and now no SSL tethering because i cant get my android tablet to acquire an IP address... i just rooted my dad's bionic this morning, and his hotspot works fine :-(

oh yeah!!!! i got bored and thought i try to break my phone, so i ran the update.zip for version 893 and it FIXED my hotspot problem without master resetting my phone and loosing my settings!!! click http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ade-path-retaining-root-901-installation.html and download the bionicpathsaver (if you dont already have it) and just copy update893.zip to your SD card, then boot into recovery, and run the zip from SD. YAY :icon_ lala: YAY dancedroid YAY

Last edited:

madboss

Reaction score
best thrid party free wifi tether app?

So quick question then for Free Tethering, I have been using Mobile hotspot for the free tether, but don't really trust that, Can anyone recommend a better third party app for Free Wifi Tethering?