Bionic Roms Roms

crazytrain69

Reaction score
Bionic Custom Roms

As of right now I'm running the latest OTA .246 rooted with Eclipse 1.2 with Safestrap as my daily driver and I would like to try some other Roms. What are the most stable Roms running out there right now? I don't care if it has a couple of bugs but I would like to try something different. I have looked at the droid razer site and there are a bunch of roms listed but I can't make up my mind and I'm getting bored. So any suggestions?

deduct

Reaction score
Blurry max 1.8 is really awesome. Synergy is good also. I like Icarus also.

deduct

Reaction score
Bootstrap Patrick? That's pretty old school.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
Bootstrap Patrick? That's pretty old school.

LOL. Indeed. Old scbool = familiar and simple. These kids and their multiple roms and safestrap! If I ever thrash one too far to sbf I'll consider learning how to use safestrap. It's been ugly every time I've tried it so far (I know it's not safestrap's shortcoming, it's mine). Not sold on using that much storage in a finite environment either really.

OP
crazytrain69

crazytrain69

Reaction score
Boot strap

See that's what I want to do is start using Bootstrap again. it was just recommended to run Safestrap with Eclipse 1.2. I always used bootstrap before this and had no issues. Since Safestrap was recommended I thought I would give it a go but I think its time to move on so I just wanted some ideas for a Rom other than Eclipse for ICS. That runs smooth without to many issues.

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
If you want something different and don't mind if a few things don't work, Cyanogen mod 10.1 is pretty slick. Basically just need a camera app, rom runs great!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

OP
crazytrain69

crazytrain69

Reaction score
LOL. Indeed. Old scbool = familiar and simple. These kids and their multiple roms and safestrap! If I ever thrash one too far to sbf I'll consider learning how to use safestrap. It's been ugly every time I've tried it so far (I know it's not safestrap's shortcoming, it's mine). Not sold on using that much storage in a finite environment either really.

And by the way Altspeed I'm Not Kid. I'm 44! LOL! Just want something that is as good as Eclipse or Better. Thought it would be a good Idea to try the Rom While i'm still using Safestrap.

OP
crazytrain69

crazytrain69

Reaction score
I'm going to check out Cyanogen mod 10.1 Rocketsausev2 I have heard a bit about it today. So I think I will check it out! I don't need a camera app because my Place of employment doesn't allow any device with a camera or recording device. So I have had my Phone modified and the front and rear facing cameras have been removed. I never used the camera anyway! LOL!

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Oh man that sucks! They took it out? Man that's hard core

You'll also need an sms app in order to send picture messages. I have my bone stock nexus 10 to compare and the bionic and software hold up pretty well!

OP
crazytrain69

crazytrain69

Reaction score

You'll also need an sms app in order to send picture messages. I have my bone stock nexus 10 to compare and the bionic and software hold up pretty well!

Doesn't suck to me! After 26 years in the field it grows on you even with all the restrictions. LOL! you just learn to live with it! Thanks for the info and i will most likely give the rom a go this weekend.

deduct

Reaction score
I'm going to check out Cyanogen mod 10.1 Rocketsausev2 I have heard a bit about it today. So I think I will check it out! I don't need a camera app because my Place of employment doesn't allow any device with a camera or recording device. So I have had my Phone modified and the front and rear facing cameras have been removed. I never used the camera anyway! LOL!

You work in Roswell or something?

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Running latest blurry with deduct. Just came off of eclipse. Gonna see how this one plays tomorrow.

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score

New build out today with fully functioning sms!

michael305

Reaction score

OK this sounds like what I want to do...I want to use a custom rom to replace the stock. And Bootstrap is how I do this? research time...