Bionic Reviews, Tips, and problems

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
HTC 4g phones will do data and voice on a 3g network. My fiancee has a thunderbolt. We live in a 3g area, she can use Yahoo Messenger and FaceBook while talking on the phone. We don't have wifi, or even internet at home. From what I have read, the difference is in the sim card.

I'd say marry her now! If she can do the impossible with her phone, imagine what else she can do for you!
The only way she is facebooking AND talking on her phone is if she is connected to wifi actively or on 4g... Sorry mate !
Any argument otherwise would be doing yourself a disservice.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

lm2

Reaction score
Is there a way to get the share button (the small circle with two arrows coming out of it) on the top right of the browser to bring up the standard "share page" options? On my bionic, I touch it and I am told that I must first have a Social Network installed on my phone. I don't want a social network, I want a quick way to send a web page to ReaditLater.

baldy54

Reaction score
I was having a great deal of trouble with the black screen of death it got to as many as 6 battery pulls in one day. It was suggested on this site that I uninstall downloaded apps one at a time to see if there was a conflict. Glad to say it has been 3 days now without a single battery pull I don't know which app was the culprit as I uninstalled all downloaded apps I didn't use which was about ten apps. I hope this helps. I LOVE THIS DROID! came from att and iphone... so major happy. As for Data drop I lose data every time i switch towers, complete an incoming call and sometimes just because, don't know if this is still glitches in verizon network so being patient.

baldy54

Reaction score
Spoke to soon downloaded a couple live wallpapers black screen of death immediately reared it's ugly head

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tbone73

Reaction score
I was having a great deal of trouble with the black screen of death it got to as many as 6 battery pulls in one day. It was suggested on this site that I uninstall downloaded apps one at a time to see if there was a conflict. Glad to say it has been 3 days now without a single battery pull I don't know which app was the culprit as I uninstalled all downloaded apps I didn't use which was about ten apps. I hope this helps. I LOVE THIS DROID! came from att and iphone... so major happy. As for Data drop I lose data every time i switch towers, complete an incoming call and sometimes just because, don't know if this is still glitches in verizon network so being patient.

The last update should take care most of the issues you are having. Except I think the data loss issue. the next one
System Version 5.9.991.XT875.Verizon.en.US
update is even better.

My Droid Bionic 9-30-2011 // 12-15-2011

Build number 5.5.1_84_DBN-55 // 5.5.1_84_DBN-62
ERI ver 5
PRL version 15027
Kernel version 2.6.35.7-g790a33c hpn683@ii93inxdroid29 #1 // 2.6.35.7-g68606e6vwn736@ii93inxdroid43 #1
webtop ver WT-1.3.0-105_DBN-1 // WT-1.3.0-108_DBN-21
ANDROID VER 2.3.4
SYSTEM VERSION 5.5.886.XT875.Verizon.en.US // 5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US

Schoeney

Reaction score
After 5 months I Must Say ...I love this phone!

I had a few glitches in the first few weeks but most of those were due to my ignorance. I am a typical middle aged guy that has no time for directions. Especially for phones and computers.I came from two generations of Blackberries...it was not easy.

I don't like complicated things so I was thinking I should get the Apple 4S. But I am glad I got this phone for several reasons.

It is really fast
I like the big screen
I drop my phone alot and it is durable
I love the GPS and use it alot
I have become a Google lover (Gmail, Gtasks, Goole Maps,etc) since getting this phone
Gmail, SugarSync, and GTasks changed my life

My phone is "stock", no rooting or any of that other fancy stuff.

I got some very good input from this forum. Like dump MS OUTLOOK on my pc, get Sugar Sync and GMail. My life has been heaven since I did these things. I signed up for GMAIL but was able to keep my old email address (Comcast) and just run it through GMail....way cool.

Dumping Outlook was a hard decision because that is what I know and emails are so important to my business. It ended up being the best thing I ever did. Emails became so easy and no more error messages.

I use my phone for work (traveling salesperson) constantly and the Sugar Sync app is amazing...my life and stress level is so much better. Now my laptop, desktop, and phone are all synced and I can retrieve any document or drawing in seconds. If I update anything it is updated on all three devices. Including my calendars, tasks (GTasks app), emails, and all documents. You can get 5G free but I signed up for 30g for $60 yr and dumped my Carbonite (also $60yr but no syncing offered). I could have got by with 5G if I didn't sync/backup my photos.

My wife has the Apple 4S. Good phone and does most of what the Bionic can do but not as well or not as fast.

Life is Good.....knocking on wood.

Pjohn91

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
I'd say marry her now! If she can do the impossible with her phone, imagine what else she can do for you!
The only way she is facebooking AND talking on her phone is if she is connected to wifi actively or on 4g... Sorry mate !
Any argument otherwise would be doing yourself a disservice.

Dude....The Thunderbolt has separate radio's, It can and will use data and voice while on 3g. Don't know if any other phones have this capability but the TB does.

JRParsons

Reaction score
Dude....The Thunderbolt has separate radio's, It can and will use data and voice while on 3g. Don't know if any other phones have this capability but the TB does.

This is true. The thunderbolt can surf and talk at the same time.

Sent from my Illudium PU - 36 Explosive Space Modulator.

lovemybionic

Reaction score
Does anyone know a good root app i can use? I have tried several different root apps and they dont work! Have had my Bionic since january and have not had ANY issues at all with it. I love this phone! Thought about getting razr maxx but its not any better then th Bionic. Please let me know if there is a good fairly easy root app i can use!

drice72

Reaction score
That is true. I watch her look up things for her mother while taking to her on the phone. It isn't worth arguing about this with people who don't have a TB or have never been around one.

wooddale

Reaction score
That is true. I watch her look up things for her mother while taking to her on the phone. It isn't worth arguing about this with people who don't have a TB or have never been around one.
This is true the TB was,a darn good phone I had one sometimes I wish I still did lol

Indigenous

Reaction score
I'm on my 4th Droid Bionic in 6.5 months. I've had a Crackberry Storm (actually 3 of those), one original Droid (great phone), one Droid X (another great phone). I believe this to be a long term test and frankly, the phone is substandard. The very first one had aux. cable inlet/outlet issues and 1/2 screen display issues. I was actually getting ready to return it and I accidently dropped it and shattered the Gorilla Glass. My bad. I get another one on my dime and within one week, it has the exact same issues, and I notice the touch screen is not the best, I can select something, it will hi-light and won't open the app and I have to repeat this 2-4 times for the app to finally open. With this said, I return this brand new phone within 2 weeks and do they send me another brand new one, nope, they send me a "Refurbished-Like New" phone to me. Which to me personally is not right...but I digress. The third phone has the same issues. I returned it and now I am on the 4th one...so we'll see how well it holds up. Oh, the camera is the worst camera on any smart phone I've ever had!!! Bottomline, very disappointed in this phone.

wooddale

Reaction score
I'm on my 4th Droid Bionic in 6.5 months. I've had a Crackberry Storm (actually 3 of those), one original Droid (great phone), one Droid X (another great phone). I believe this to be a long term test and frankly, the phone is substandard. The very first one had aux. cable inlet/outlet issues and 1/2 screen display issues. I was actually getting ready to return it and I accidently dropped it and shattered the Gorilla Glass. My bad. I get another one on my dime and within one week, it has the exact same issues, and I notice the touch screen is not the best, I can select something, it will hi-light and won't open the app and I have to repeat this 2-4 times for the app to finally open. With this said, I return this brand new phone within 2 weeks and do they send me another brand new one, nope, they send me a "Refurbished-Like New" phone to me. Which to me personally is not right...but I digress. The third phone has the same issues. I returned it and now I am on the 4th one...so we'll see how well it holds up. Oh, the camera is the worst camera on any smart phone I've ever had!!! Bottomline, very disappointed in this phone.

I have two phones a Bio & Galaxy nexus. The Bio isnt the best phone Moto ever put out but compare it to my Gnex and you might not think its so bad. Both my phones are rooted the Gnex is a fun phone if you like Romming (which I do) I could change Roms every day if I wanted to. As far as for holding signal and reception the Bio has got it all over the Gnex. Im at my summer place in the woods of Wi the Bio grabs a signal whenever it can as soon as it can the Gnex will get the signal only if and when it wants to at its pace. When I get back to Il in my 4G area it is much better but still not as good as the Bio. Ive had a Rezound its like a Bio but doesnt hold Quite as well and Im not a fan of Sence. I havent had a Razr yet so cant comment on that the non removable battery turned me off on that havent had a phone yet that I didnt have to remove battery on either because I ran it out or just screwed up something. I think if and when the Bio gets ICS it will be the phone it was supposed to be when it was released.