Bionic Reviews, Tips, and problems

Graymayre

Reaction score
I live in a 3G only area. I didn't experience the data issue til after I passed through some LTE areas while travelling. Then it happened often, even long after going back to a 3G only area. Now it works fine again since I've been home for 2 weeks.
I think ill disable my LTE switch til the update comes out, I'm about to be travelling and I've given up my GPS for a car dock for my Bionic. Can't have my route disappear on me or try to screw with it in the dock while in New York traffic.

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

markwebb

Reaction score
Quick question: I have the retail Motorola Car chargers for the Original Droid. My Bionic arrives on Friday. Will it work with the Bionic or must I purchase new ones again?

wooddale

Reaction score
Quick question: I have the retail Motorola Car chargers for the Original Droid. My Bionic arrives on Friday. Will it work with the Bionic or must I purchase new ones again?

I think so I had an old Verizon charger laying around and it works. As long as the connectors are the same Verizon is the one that made the call on that one so they say good luck with the charger and the phone I got one

pobguy

Reaction score
Mine works; therefore, your's should also.

beltwaybob

Reaction score
Regarding the Droid Bionic Review, Andreas says:

While in a 4G LTE coverage area, the phone is capable of simultaneous voice and data. Coming from a Thunderbolt, I was somewhat disappointed that the Bionic does not allow for simultaneous voice and data while in a 3G-coverage area,

I've asked about simultaneous voice and data a number of times and the answer I got from VZW Tech Support what that all 4G phones do it. She didn't say that it had to be in 4G mode. grumble grumble

Bob

wooddale

Reaction score
Regarding the Droid Bionic Review, Andreas says:

While in a 4G LTE coverage area, the phone is capable of simultaneous voice and data. Coming from a Thunderbolt, I was somewhat disappointed that the Bionic does not allow for simultaneous voice and data while in a 3G-coverage area,

I've asked about simultaneous voice and data a number of times and the answer I got from VZW Tech Support what that all 4G phones do it. She didn't say that it had to be in 4G mode. grumble grumble

Bob
Your wright I forgot about that I am in 4g so much I forget about it another plus for Rexound and I think Gnex to not sure

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Your wright I forgot about that I am in 4g so much I forget about it another plus for Rexound and I think Gnex to not sure

the reason that bionic will not do voice and data on 3 g is that the cdma is restricted to 1 or the other... however within a 4 g area, the sim card and 4 g handle data while the cdma radio handles voice...
If you look at your phone while in call and on 3g you see the signal bars and then 3g resets after a call is over. While on a4g call, the 4g symbol is still vis and data is avail... 2 radios = 2 simultaneous options... 1 radio... You get the picture :)
This applies to all VZ equipment.... Until such time as the entire network is 100% saturated with 4g and they push all voice to the 4g as well.. Till then, all voice is handled by the cdma radio exclusively.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

beltwaybob

Reaction score
Nyteravyn, (I don't know how to say that) that is very clear, it is interesting, it is logical and it isn't all that complicated. I just wonder why vzw tech support couldn't say it that way. Thanks a million. ! So it doesn't matter what phone one uses, 3G is not concurrent voice and data. Thanks again :)

Bob

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I am glad that I was able to assist! so many have done so much for me that it is good to give back when I can :)
many would complain about the current system but... I'm ok with options, lol...

wooddale

Reaction score
I am glad that I was able to assist! so many have done so much for me that it is good to give back when I can :)
many would complain about the current system but... I'm ok with options, lol...

Ny I never realized that it would work in Wi for me on my Bolt butI was on a network extender and Wifi so wifi kicked in an it worked the same around here Im always on 4g except when the phone dont work haha

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Ny I never realized that it would work in Wi for me on my Bolt butI was on a network extender and Wifi so wifi kicked in an it worked the same around here Im always on 4g except when the phone dont work haha

Lol, aye... Wifi superceeds 4g when the option exists and or acts the same as would 4g in my previous explanation in a 3g area.

drice72

Reaction score
HTC 4g phones will do data and voice on a 3g network. My fiancee has a thunderbolt. We live in a 3g area, she can use Yahoo Messenger and FaceBook while talking on the phone. We don't have wifi, or even internet at home. From what I have read, the difference is in the sim card.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
HTC 4g phones will do data and voice on a 3g network. My fiancee has a thunderbolt. We live in a 3g area, she can use Yahoo Messenger and FaceBook while talking on the phone. We don't have wifi, or even internet at home. From what I have read, the difference is in the sim card.

Not the same thing... Tell her to try surfing the Web... Texting/messaging and talking on 3g use a diff you're of data packet.
The only other way is if she has wifi set as data priority and to connect to any avail source....