Bionic Reviews, Tips, and problems

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Lanops, Sep 9, 2011.

1. pbrewer81

pbrewer81 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Try settings->battery... there are three battery saving modes you can be in plus a custom one you can set up.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

2. nubia

nubia Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lol@noon/noob......
    Good luck

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

3. tiffwatson7

tiffwatson7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a question. I used that zumocast app to get all my pictures, music, etc from my computer onto the phone. It worked and I get get all my stuff through the zumocast app, but how do I get that now to go into the music player and my photo library, bc it says I have nothing. I'm a little disappointed to begin with bc when the rep transferred everything over, none of my music or photo I took on my old phone transferred over. Which I thought was weird bc I have the old phone's SDcard in my bionic bc it's bigger =[

4. CurtCharlesPDX

CurtCharlesPDX New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Apps on SD card vanish

I've had my Bionic about a week. Overall I love it, but...

1) Battery life isn't quite what I expected; I'm on the battery life thread but proposed solutions are up there with "turn it off", so they are non-starters so far.

2) Installing apps on SD is greatly simplified from Froyo. However, about 70% of the apps that I've moved to SD appear to vanish and need to be re-installed. The same app installed on main memory is rock solid. This really isn't a problem due to the massive memory - I still have 3.4 GB of phone memory available, but it is a shame that the 8 GB of SD memory isn't really usable. I contacted Moto on this and they walked me through an app install and move to SD. A day or two later the app was "not found".

3) I've noticed that not all chargers are the same. Some can recharge the Bionic and some can't. The one supplied with the unit is good, but I've discarded 2 aftermarket chargers that just can't supply enough current to charge.

5. RayEMan

RayEMan New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    DB is Good

I've had the Bionic for about 24 hours. Will say it takes a LOT longer to charge, but after charging all night, I'm very happy with battery life. I did root and remove a lot of the bloatware, but other than that, I leave everything running (could never do that before). Seems way better than the OD (Old Droid - my old phone).

Played Gun Bros for a while, then watched half a movie from Netflix before DB (Droid Bionic) prompted me to plug it in. Gotta say, I love it so far. Bigger, but lighter, and oh so much faster than OD even with overclocked ROM (guess dual core 1GHz processor is definitely better than 1 600MHz processor). Hope you all are able to work though your issues and can enjoy the most powerful phone currently on the market (combining Network and Processor) as much as I am.
    dancedroid

• Like Like x 1
  6. CurtCharlesPDX

CurtCharlesPDX New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Problem Found

It appears Bionic #1 was a lemon. Verizon swapped me with another and a) it's battery is doing much better, b) it doesn't get hot and c) apps installed on the SD are stable. Ahhhh...

7. asghar

asghar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Out of the box, did not like:
    • The fact that the charger cable is so short.
    • Wired stereo head phones not provided.

8. JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    It always amazes me how long it takes to recognize that my device is bad. I always think that it's something I've done or some combo of software.
    Good deal I hope it works out you, the Bionic is one of the phones I've been drooling over!

9. blufftontiger

blufftontiger Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola Turbo 64GB

If you get the standard dock, it comes with a very long cable.

• Like Like x 1
  10. suzarajm

suzarajm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    mine died...got the BSOD but I guess i got bad luck
    replacement will come tomorrow

i've had mine for a month and i love it. pretty snappy phone although it died on me.
    the only cons on this phone which i think are:
    - back camera is slow
    - battery life

11. Nyteravyn

Nyteravyn Member

Ratings:
    +4
    im a little confused at these transfers.
    if you just swapped cards to the new phone they should be visable, if not, put it back in the old phone , xfer them to your puter then xfer them back to your new one... but after copying all files fromt that old card on the old phone, id put it in the new one and format the card on the new phone, depending on the old one, the file format will or can be different... unless im mistaken?
    as far as the players not finding the music etc... my first impression is that the issue is with the card itself..., best bet is again , to back up the card on the computer, put it into the new bionic and then format it and start from fresh.
    hope that helps.

12. Nyteravyn

Nyteravyn Member

Ratings:
    +4
    those cons can be relieved by rooting and going with Th3oryRoms v1.7pbx rom... snappy, different camera (atrix, better but not the best yet :) ) and a ton of improvements, that team really is keeping up on their work too!
    if not willing to bite the bullet and root, then trying to find a battery calibration tool that works unrooted would be the best bet for the battery... personally i have not had a battery issue with my device stock or rooted but notice a great improvement with the latest rom update and powerboost 2.0 which is cooked into the rom. Hope that helps.

Search tags for this page
andriod bionic 4.2 tips
bionic traders review or problems
bionic tricks
brous bionic problems
brous bionic review

droid bionic tips

droid bionic tips and tweaks
how to fix lock rock on brous bionic
motorola droid bionic problems
problems with droid bionic