Bionic Reviews decent or wait till Prime?

smilepak

Reaction score
I am wondering of the same thing. The BIONIC does look cool. Having webtop OS is a nice to have function. Coming from the original Galaxy S, I dont know if I would want to go get another Samsung again. I had the Omnia and Galaxy S, both was okay.

For something going to launch next month, there absolutely no talk on spec...it might end up being delay because of Ice Cream.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the bionic has everything I need but maybe not everything I want. With that being said, my current plan is:

A) Hold out until my D1 goes KIA and buy what ever is top at that moment, or
2) Hold out until the Prime drops at which point I will have saved enough to buy off contract
2-Alpha) If the prime isn't worth it, buy a bionic whose price has just dropped dramastically
2-II ) If the prime isn't worth it, the bionic hasn't dropped and my D1 is still working, wait on the DHD
That's too much thinking for me. I'm just going to get the Bionic now. Later if I find out the Prime is worth it, I'll sell my Bionic for the Prime. Simple as that :icon_ banana:

OP
X

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
Would it be better to wait 1 month for ICS or Gingerbread which for rooted phones has been out for a while.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
The Prime will probably be best phone of this year. After that there is CES in January where quad core phones might be announced but probably won't be released till late spring early summer or longer (bionic for example). So in my opinion waiting for the prime is the best decision.

+1 to this. Though I do realize that you will "always be playing the waiting game for the next best phone to come out" (and man, we get it...I, for one, and getting tired of reading it), I'm gonna wait for the BEST phone in the first wave of dual core 4G smartphones. Especially since its been called a "beast" and "the most anticipated phone of the year," with it being only a month or 2 away, it really doesn't make sense not to wait (to me at least). Sure, all new phones that come out will become old news soon thereafter, but I think the Bionic will become old news real fast.

Oh, and another thing. Not having my upgrade til November makes it a very easy decision to make.

Last edited:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
the waiting game is a dangerous one to play though because that next big phone will ALWAYS be on the horizon. No matter what phone you buy it's a matter of weeks or couple of months at the most till the next best thing is out. If the Bionic seems like your cup of tea I say go for it.

I said I was gonna post this for those that say they're waiting...lol

[video=youtube;eZAAZ7iXN-o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZAAZ7iXN-o&feature=player_embedded[/video]

On of my fav commercials...

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's too much thinking for me. I'm just going to get the Bionic now. Later if I find out the Prime is worth it, I'll sell my Bionic for the Prime. Simple as that :icon_ banana:

What it boils down to is that I'm waiting to buy the "next best phone" that is out when my "current best phone" no longer functions as I need it to.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
What it boils down to is that I'm waiting to buy the "next best phone" that is out when my "current best phone" no longer functions as I need it to.

Yep and my D1 is walking a very dangerous line of not functioning like I need it to. Thankfully I am locked and loaded with an upgrade ready to go. Bionic is just not for me but I am not waiting around much longer.

rayw796

Reaction score
I am going for the Bionic. I'd rather wait and see how things are going with Prime, Samsung and HTC. My comfort level is very good with Motorola and I see no reason for the Bionic not to do me fine for the next 2 years.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
the waiting game is a dangerous one to play though because that next big phone will ALWAYS be on the horizon. No matter what phone you buy it's a matter of weeks or couple of months at the most till the next best thing is out. If the Bionic seems like your cup of tea I say go for it.

Dangerous? Really?

:)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
This may help someone with their decision too...

[video=youtube;LYzDhoUHZhA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYzDhoUHZhA&NR=1[/video]

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
The bionic is a nice device, deserves the attention it has mustered, but Motorola is apt at keeping it locked down tighter than a nations gold repository (hence the forthcoming root exploit fix). #notwinningmymoney

I need something with upgradeable kernels....the bionic does not fit the bill.

Bring on the aptly named prime.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
The bionic is a nice device, deserves the attention it has mustered, but Motorola is apt at keeping it locked down tighter than a nations gold repository (hence the forthcoming root exploit fix). #notwinningmymoney

I need something with upgradeable kernels....the bionic does not fit the bill.

Bring on the aptly named prime.

yeah but your vote doesn't count because clearly you just want a phone that is named after your username. So I hereby strike your post from the official tally of votes........wait someone is taking a tally right???? :blink:

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
yeah but your vote doesn't count because clearly you just want a phone that is named after your username. So I hereby strike your post from the official tally of votes........wait someone is taking a tally right???? :blink:

Strange coincidence or is it more?

*Edit*
Maybe Samsung is courting me through flattery :)

Last edited: