bionic replacement

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Man what numbers are you guys calling everytime I call,I get a rep who says there's no way that they can swap out my bionic to a gnex. I got offered a rezound which I may jump on but I'd really like a gnex. This is my 3rd bionic btw an they wanted me to call an speak too motorola myself after I had just spoke with them for close to two hours...

Last edited:

TeeX

Reaction score
Man what numbers are you guys calling everytime I call,I get a rep who says there's no way that they can swap out my bionic to a gnex. I got offered a rezound which I may jump on but I'd really like a gnex. This is my 3rd bionic btw an they wanted me to call an speak too motorola myself after I had just spoke with them for close to two hours...

be persistent. I was getting the shaft after several calls to Verizon, I guess I got a little agitated and vocal about my frustration, because I got bumped up to "Next Level Support", and got transferred to a very helpful guy that sent me my replacement GNex.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
be persistent. I was getting the shaft after several calls to Verizon, I guess I got a little agitated and vocal about my frustration, because I got bumped up to "Next Level Support", and got transferred to a very helpful guy that sent me my replacement GNex.

Haha see I kept my temper an this was after being hung up on an spoke to rudely. I was sent to tier two an they still said no way possible. It got frustrating an I was ready to cancel my contract, family line of 5, an that's when I got offered a rezound an she said she had noted all this in the account. Its rather annoying.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

TeeX

Reaction score
Haha see I kept my temper an this was after being hung up on an spoke to rudely. I was sent to tier two an they still said no way possible. It got frustrating an I was ready to cancel my contract, family line of 5, an that's when I got offered a rezound an she said she had noted all this in the account. Its rather annoying.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

see, and that's what I find frustrating. If they can offer you ONE free replacement phone (rezound), why can't you actually CHOOSE the replacement phone (Nexus) that you want? It would only be right to allow the customer to make the choice. You purchased the original phone on full faith that it would work as it should. When that's not now happening, we should not be offered only what THEY want us to have.

I feel for ya man.

Mike8016

Reaction score
I am still working on getting my Nexus. They wanted to offer me a Droid charge/ thunderbolt. Then she offered me a RAZR. I consider the Razr a downgrade since it has no extended battery. If the offered me a Razr Maxx i might do it.

TeeX

Reaction score
I am still working on getting my Nexus. They wanted to offer me a Droid charge/ thunderbolt. Then she offered me a RAZR. I consider the Razr a downgrade since it has no extended battery. If the offered me a Razr Maxx i might do it.

yeah, I saw/held the Maxx yesterday. It would be a nice upgrade from the Bionic.

jeremym

Reaction score

That is exactly how I got mine minus getting the shaft after several calls. All I did was call and I reminded them that I was told just a month ago I could get any phone as an alternate replacement except an Iphone. Didnt want an Iphone so I was not sad.

Verro84

Reaction score
the only thing about getting a different make/model is that its a CLN so u could go from 1 problem to another but its worth taking a chance IMO. I just got my Nexus yesterday. a guy was selling on Craigslist for $500 obo I traded my Bionic and 20 bluray movies for it best decision I ever made this phone is insane!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If VZW won't swap out your Bionic for the GNex, then simply keep calling them and demanding that they send you another Bionic...keep doing this and at some point they will no longer want to spend the shipping costs of swapping out the Bionics for you...and when they finally agree to switch you to another phone, demand the GNex 'or' tell them they can keep sending you Bionics until they send you one that does not have the dropped data issues... Did this very technique for my daughters' Moto Devour and they finally got fed up and swapped it out for a D1 after claiming that they will in no way make that kind of a swap....after so many replacement Devours sent it cost them too much money to keep sending me Devours...lmao

On another note, I for one have been very happy with how my Bionic is performing on the newer OTAs, and strongly feel that when the Bionic does get ICS4.0 it will blow the crapola out of the Sammy GNex...JMHO...;)

Reaction score

yeah they originally offered me a downgrade to the t-bolt or charge, and tried to make it sound like a great deal. bunch of d-bags. obviously a ridiculous offer after selling me a knowingly defective device.

hydro556

Reaction score
Sounds like the Maxx is a great upgrade, battery wise, but my problem is the rest of the device.

The screen on the Razr was just so, blehh. To me, it is washed out and lacks contrast.

It would be difficult to go to any other device for me, because of how impressive the screen is on the Nexus. The Rezound is the only other phone that compares to me, and I prefer the Nexus over it, too.