Bionic Replacement parts

nitrosport_5

Reaction score
Im having an issue lately with my Bionic. The loudspeaker is crackly as if it is blown or there is metal fragments in it. I took it apart and the speaker is clear so im just guessing that it must be blown out. Is there a good place to get some replacement parts? my phone is out of waranty so id like to fix it myself. its quite simple to get it apart actually.

yaterml

Reaction score
The phone came out in September how is it out of Warranty?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

debrad0307

Reaction score
The phone came out in September how is it out of Warranty?

I agree... Before you play doctor on your phone you should double check with Verizon. Your phone should still be under warranty, if it isn't I would fight with them..

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC

americanz

Reaction score
if he took it apart it voids the warranty or if its too beat up theres all kinds of reason to not have warranty.

KZ_259

Reaction score
screw warranty. with or without warranty, i still do the work on my devices/cars. the best labor is your own labor

yaterml

Reaction score
I have seen phones warrantied with less. ie broken screen half the phone missing

americanz

Reaction score
I need your store then. Mine wont warranty anything if theres a small scrape or chip in the case

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

OP
nitrosport_5

nitrosport_5

Reaction score
Well the first reason my waranty was void was because i rooted my phone. I couldnt stand all of the damn bloatware that they installed so i rooted it and removed a bunch of crap. so with that being said, i took it apart to try and clean any metal fragments that may be in the speaker from being in my shop. It happens to my netbook so i figured the same thing happened here. I found a replacement rear loudspeaker but i am having trouble locating a replacement front speaker. I really didnt want to return my phone that works great, just the speakers are shot, and in return get someone elses phone that had all kinds of issues that have been repaired and they just send it out as a refurb. I can barely hear anyone in calls. Any idea of how to clean that one out a bit better? thanks in advance.

OP
nitrosport_5

nitrosport_5

Reaction score
I ended up finding the 2 speakers that i needed. I got the loudspeaker on ebay for $10 (Same speaker as droid Razr for future reference) and i picked up the front speaker that is on the same part as the front camera for $29. Not bad, at least i could find the parts and didnt have to get a referb phone back. Plus i enjoy doing my own work. Thanks

For anyone else wanting to buy parts for their phone, i got the rear speaker from gototallywireless on ebay and purchased the front speaker from Cellphone Repair Shop We Fix Cell Phones Using Original High Quality Cellphone Replacement Parts. I will update this thread once the parts come in and i am able to get them installed and tested. I hope maybe this thread could help any other person that is wanting to find replacement parts.

yaterml

Reaction score
Root technically breaks warranty hence why I don't do it but I know people flash back to stock before sending theirs back

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
My mom got her rooted bionic replaced under warranty for a faulty bluetooth radio and didn't even flash it back to stock. They didn't mention a thing and her "new" bionic has been working great for the last couple of months.

OP
nitrosport_5

nitrosport_5

Reaction score
Got my parts, worked great. phone is fixed. so if you are looking for parts, the 2 places that i got parts from worked perfect. i wouldnt hesitate to buy from them again.

yaterml

Reaction score
Glad to hear we have parts just in case thank you