Bionic Questions.......

Droidian5starr

Reaction score
Just got a new one.....love it but need help with the following:

1) Keep getting notification (authentication receiving) errors for hotmail boxes that ive tried resetting several times. Even tried deleting and adding again....same issues.

2) set up wifi....shows its connected but keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every few minutes. Changed advanced settings as instructed but same issues. No problems with any other device I use on the same router.

3) I have 4g Lte, do I have to pay extra for wifi hotspot?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer me.

Last edited:

kamisan

Reaction score
Just got a new one.....love it but need help with the following:

1) Keep getting notification (authentication receiving) errors for hotmail boxes that ive tried resetting several times. Even tried deleting and adding again....same issues.

2) set up wifi....shows its connected but keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every few minutes. Changed advanced settings as instructed but same issues. No problems with any other device I use on the same router.

3) I have 4g Lte, do I have to pay extra for wifi hotspot?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer me.

1. Are you running stock for a custom rom. If you use titanium backup or made any restore to applications they could because in the problem. I had the exact same issue and had to wipe data and cache like a new install wipe then re load all the data.. Moto blur also sometimes gets hung up with accounts and simply removing the one account doesn't fix it. Moto is to intertwined I notice it seems to get stuck.

2. I have had some people freeze battery & data manager and a batteryu manager stock apps using titanium backup and that fixes both 3g and WiFi connection reconnection issues for some. 5.7.893 still gets hung up at times and airplane mode or reboot bring it out of it,, really a bad deal since Motorola should have it fixed and they dont. If you have titantium you go to the app listings and then long press and the menu will have options to freeze or unfreeze. Freezing is a better way to clean up bloat since if you dork your phone you can unfreeze (as long as you dont freeze a core app) Also WIFI specific- check what channel your router is transmitting on and how many other local routers are on that same channel. Mobile devices can tend to jump more than typical laptops, xbox etc.. If you can change the channel to 1 or 11 (extreme ends) on your router there might be less foreign activity confusing the phone. the default channel (usually close to 6) typically is where 99% leave their routers.

3. If you want to run stock mobile hotspot Verizon will charge you. If you do a little searching on the forums you will find WiFi tether and or modifications to the mobile hotspot so you don't have to pay to use it. The wifi tether is AD HOC meaning many other mobile devices wont work with it, your laptop or PC should. Mobile hotspot should work with most anything. The mod for mobile hotspot is a SQL based mod. here is XDA link to the AD HOC app WiFi Tether for Root Users 3.1-pre104 *** EXPERIMENTAL ***

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
D

Droidian5starr

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the tips....im going to try them.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums