Bionic Pricing $269.99 ????

318Droid

Reaction score
So how are some of you getting it for $249 and $269.....Where is the $20 difference...Mine comes out to $269 also...:blink:

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Posting this here and on the official Bionic Thread:

Just a reminder to folks, don't forget to do any 'back ups' you may need before getting your new phone.

I've made the mistake of not making a list of all my apps in the past... I already have the list saved on my PC so I know everything I want to DL right away.

yiannis

Reaction score
I called VZW corp. with the same question and they said it would be $299 in the store.

VZW chat from online said it would be @249.99 and that the $30 loyalty discount would be honored in-store as well.

EDIT: Apparently the $50 NE2 discount is only online according to one store rep. Waiting for another store to open so that I can call and ask.

Last edited:

lstroyan

Reaction score
btw, it says that the $100 trade in deal is only good for new customers...sigh.

Way to go on rewarding the loyal customers.. fail.

What I was told by a Verizon rep yesterday is that it's only for customers that are buying a new data plan. If you have a smartphone with data plan already, you can't do the $100 trade-in for a "basic device".

I'm also interested in why some NE2 are $30, some are $50, and mine seems to have disappeared. I could have sworn I (as secondary line) should have had a NE2. Right now the account says, "Loyalty discount: $30" but the rep said that only applies to the primary line. We did switch from a 1400 minute plan to a 500 minute plan recently; I wonder if that had anything to do with it? At some point I'll need to switch back up to at least 700 minutes, any chance it will help to do so now?

Sigh...trying to decide whether to go play with one and whether I'll be able to make myself leave the store and go order on Amazon for cheaper (and maybe cheaper yet if we wait?) or just stay strong for another few weeks and wring the last bit of use out of my D1.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
So how are some of you getting it for $249 and $269.....Where is the $20 difference...Mine comes out to $269 also...:blink:

Yea Im kinda confused with that also.. Im at $269 ...hoping costco will let me get the bundle with that price.

What really sucks is wirefly will prob have it tomorrow for $1

yiannis

Reaction score
VZW chat from online said it would be @249.99 and that the $30 loyalty discount would be honored in-store as well.
Called a local store to verify this and here's where I'm at right now:

There are two discounts that may be applied in my area. One is the $30 loyalty discount that according to a local store rep, would be applied in the store or online at VZW to get to $269.99. There's another NE2 $50 discount that, according to the same store rep, would not be applied at the store, and I assume only be applied online.

If my understanding is correct, and I'm waiting to hear this from a second store rep, whose store opens at 10:00 am, the $249 price would match Amazon's online retail price and the $30 "loyalty credit" would best or equal the tax (6%) charge in this state (MD) a tax you do not have to pay when shopping through Amazon Wireless.

So it seems to be evening out.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm showing $249.99 renewal + $30 Discount.... but what really surprises me is the off contract price, $589.99. I thought it was almost 0 believed it would be $649 or higher... sub 600 isn't bad. It seems pretty shady for those paying the full $299 when off contract $589... a $350 ETF would now cost you more than the phone was originally worth.

edit: Just looked, full price at Best Buy is $699.99... Bricks were shat.

Last edited:

WVOz1970

Reaction score
Talked to my local store rep this morning. I'm being quoted $249 as well. He said it is because of our corporate plan. Certain new release phones get a discount if your company is in their discount service plan. I'm not eligible for my last NE2 until mid-November. I'm sure the corporate $50 discount will be gone by then... so take the $50 corp discount now or the $50 NE2 then? I am eligible for an early upgrade so I may go ahead and get the beast. I'll probably wait a day or two for initial "real world" usage reports though.

One thing interesting though... when I talked to the corp store rep, he said there is a $20 fee for the early upgrade. I just went online and priced out my upgrade, got to the final page and there's no additional $20 fee there. Anybody know anything about that one?

mikehal38

Reaction score
Just in case no one has noticed. Wirefly has it for $249.99 plus a $100.00 Verizon gift card.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kurumatt

Reaction score
Just in case no one has noticed. Wirefly has it for $249.99 plus a $100.00 Verizon gift card.

I just went through the process and the gift card is only if you are upgrading from a standard phone to data plan. When you click on it, it gives you the restrictions.

Renae

Reaction score
Mine was $299 and i had no ne2. Got 25% off accessories for buying 3. Will send old phone back to get $100 gift card

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

mikehal38

Reaction score
I just went through the process and the gift card is only if you are upgrading from a standard phone to data plan. When you click on it, it gives you the restrictions.

Always a catch...

Import roller

Reaction score
I went into the store, got it for $249, and they waived my early upgrade fee since i got the web dock, cables, case, and screen protectors. came out almost $80 less than what i was planning on spending.