Bionic picture quality

Droid 2

Reaction score
Really disappointed with the rear facing picture quality. I am not a professional, so maybe I have a setting wrong, but even through the screen it looks like some 1960's "b" movie clarity.
The front facing camera seems to be good, I have used it for Skype with little issue. The rear facing camera has 8 mp's, that should be pretty clear. Any help or ideas?

GVLBob

Reaction score
Need some more information here:

1. What app are you using to take the pictures?
2. What settings did you use for that app?

Others have shared pictures they took with the standard camera app and were quite happy with the quality.

OP
Droid 2

Droid 2

Reaction score
Stock application, set a 6 mp's.

bigkhan

Reaction score
Are you holding your finger on the screen long enough for it to completely focus? It takes forever, make sure you have a solid green square in the center of the screen. I got tired of it, I've been using camera zoom fx. It works alot faster.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
Droid 2

Droid 2

Reaction score
Yeah, I am holding long enough. I forgot to mention the loooonnngggg time it takes for it to take the picture as you mentioned. What do you like/dislike about camera zoom fix? How did you get it?

bigkhan

Reaction score
Download from the market. It has alot of picture effects you could use, I don't care about that though. It focuses alot faster, and you can press anywhere on the screen to take your picture. It cost $5

AlexSB

Reaction score
Try taking a pic while the square is white (the complete square), before it gets green

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

RSC450

Reaction score
I myself am highly disappointed in the quality of the bionics camera. When I bring up the camera on my phone the screen is grainy and fuzzy even when the phone focuses. For being a 8mp camera the quality of the photos sure don't reflect it IMO my old Samsung rogue took far better photos. You hit the nail on the head when you said 1960 B film lol.

OP
Droid 2

Droid 2

Reaction score
Picture quality was just one of the reasons I got rid of my Droid 2. So far the Bionic hasn't proven itself. Grainy and blurry, just as you said.

onebigunion

Reaction score
Also consider camera360 free in the market. I find it a bit quicker than zoom fx to open and grab the first shot, fantastic burst mode. Has a lot of options and control too, whether as many as zoom fx im not sure. Quality seems very good too. Used to have a few bugs but all seem to be fixed. I bought vignette but never use it due to crappy interface

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Surprised to hear these comments about grainy and low quality... I agree with the focus taking too long... the only thing I notice that kills my picture quality is low light levels and my own stupid finger prints on the lens... I've learned to clean my lens every time the camera is booting up... and when I say "low light.." indoors with a fluorescent light on isn't good enough... maybe that's the problem with this camera.. it needs way too much light to do a good job... have you tried some outdoor pics on a sunny day just to verify that it can take a decent shot?

billyk

Reaction score
Lots of great threads here on this topic. You'll find threads on the Bionic's resolution test results, arguments about color saturation and other photo characteristics - the list goes on and on. One thing everyone seems to agree on is that the stock app has a miserably slow shutter response.

Shutter speed is reported to be addressed in the upcoming Bionic OTA update, but for now, CameraZoom FX fixes that problem, and offers a lot more.

I great GREAT results with my Bionic running Camera Zoom for quick family snaps and even sports pix.

I get STUNNING results with my Bionic running HDR Camera+ for stills and landscape shots.

Hope this helps!

ddg2112

Reaction score
I just got the HDR Camera+ and I cannot believe the difference in the picture quality!!! I wish I would have had this camera during Christmas, but, I am glad that I found it just before my vacation...