Bionic Owners Help Needed

cubssuck1908

Reaction score
My OG Droid is near death, the touchscreen barely works and the screen goes bonkers. I've flashed ROMs and tried to find a solution to no avail.

Would you recommend getting the Bionic? or perhaps sticking out for the Vigor or Prime?

Are you impressed with the phone so far?

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
The Bionic is an awesome device.
Yes, there are some bugs. Thats to be expected and we will see a Motorola update sometime in the not too distant future.
EVERY device has bugs when its first released.

If you're ready to upgrade the Bionic is quite simply the best device available today on ANY carrier.
You'll be blown away by LTE speeds and how smooth the device itself functions.

Edi

Reaction score
I agree with SW, I upgraded from the OG Droid and the Bionic simply flies through everything. The battery life in the beginning was kind of terrible, but after a few charging cycles it seems to be getting better. 4G speeds is just plain amazing.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
My OG Droid is near death, the touchscreen barely works and the screen goes bonkers. I've flashed ROMs and tried to find a solution to no avail.

Would you recommend getting the Bionic? or perhaps sticking out for the Vigor or Prime?

If you're a Droid fan, you will not be displeased with the Bionic..

Who knows when the other stuff is coming out.. it's all rumor at this point. Look how long it took for the Bionic to come out. I dont see these new ultra phones getting released in the near future like everything thinks they will be. Who knows though?

Follow your heart.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I just upgraded from Droid to Bionic yesterday. So far it does everything better/smoother/quicker than my rooted/rommed/over-clocked (1Ghz) Droid. The only things I don't like so far are very, very minor issues with which I will get used to sooner or later: 1) THEY MOVED THE DAMNED ON-OFF BUTTON TO THE OTHER SIDE!!! 2) the rearranged the four buttons at the bottom and even changed the icon on the "Menu" button 3) I wish the phone had a more pronounced chin. Other than those "nit-picks", this phone is like a Droid on steroids.

You can wait for a better phone, but regardless of how long you wait, there will a better phone coming out in a few more months. As far as I can tell, this "a better phone is going to be released in 2 months" is a never ending quest. Pick a phone, buy it and enjoy it.

Good luck.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
The B is one sweet phone. You will think it screams compared to the D1, that's for sure!

BigZig

Reaction score
Coming from D1 the bionic looks, feels, and performs 10X better than OG Droid. IMO

joey301

Reaction score
Yes to the Bionic

I am also coming off of the Droid. So far I really like the Bionic.
Joey

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I upgraded from the OG on release day and haven't regretted it one bit. I loved my Droid but the Bionic absolutely flies in comparison. I would suggest you check one out in the store though, just to see if you like the PenTile screen. I like it just fine but apparently it's not to everyone's taste.

Reaction score
I went from OG Droid to Bionic the day it came out and, while i feel guilty leaving a phone that treated me so well, I am very satisfied with my decision. Hopefully, we'll find that the bootloader is unlocked and have as much fun with this one as we did with he Ol' Girl. :)

Oh.... I found Blur intolerable. LauncherPro did it for me. Its running smooth as silk. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

holjes

Reaction score
Hell yes BIONIC baby. Love it so far. A couple very minor bugs yes but for all intents and purposes it is freaking awesome. If you can and want to wait there are alot of rumors of phones coming up but if you get the BIONIC you will not be disappointed. BIONIC FTW!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC