Bionic Owners, are you happy? (Overlooking the Data Glitch)

Over Looking Data Issue, are you happy?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Scribble

Reaction score
I really want to like it, but it's totally unresponsive for 7 to 8 hours at a time. But then I wake up, get out of bed and it's fine. I guess I'll keep it.

I_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

I LOVE my Bionic... Can't wait for the OTA as that seems like it will solve all issues I've had with it.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
One week and one day with my Bionic. Not a single issue. I haven't even lost data connection anywhere. My husband, who didn't want to switch phones, went out and got a Bionic on Friday after watching me play with mine! Call it droid envy! Today, I'm taking our adult son out to choose a phone for his birthday. My money's on the Bionic too! Our youngest has been promised a new phone for Christmas... We're already talking about moving him into one as well! They're pricey, but Motorola builds a nice piece of equipment and with the 4G ability and all the bells and whistles, I feel this phone will easily carry each of us through the next 2 years until our next NE2.

Granted, we are coming from Palm, but we're not totally stoooooopid. We understand that this is a brand new piece of equipment which will need some updates before it's a well oiled machine. We've been through things like this before, just like new computer software or the first year's release of a new car. It'll take some tweaking to get everything running smoothly, but it's well worth it!

Yes, I love my Bionic!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
This thread is funny. Its like saying, "Do you think that girl is hot, aside from her massive amounts of body hair?"

Kidding aside, what is the deal with Motorola and music issues? The X2 had the popping, skipping issues and the Bionic has the high pitched whining issues... pretty sad.

Boot Manager

Jelem1880

Reaction score
I just am curious, I personally love mine coming from a Droid 1, over looking the data glitch.

I don't want this to turn into a flaming or a complaining thread. If it turns into one I'll just have a mod shut the thread, but not the poll, down.

I'm still happy with my bionic despite having all the data connection issues and the terrible camera software. This phone is pretty sweet, I just hope the ota fix these issues.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

blwn327

Reaction score
Just that little bit of data issue but other than that I luv it.... With extended battery of course lol

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
Really liking this phone. My main problem is the random uninstallation of apps that seem to occur to apps that were moved to the sd card using Apps2SD Pro. Other than that, I had the data issue last night, but I was in downtown Orlando which was very congested due to Halloween goings on. It's only been 3 days, so I'm still witnessing it, but my data speeds are out of this world. May need to up my data plan.

mikespe

Reaction score
Like others I came from the OG Droid so it is a HUGE improvement in speed! I really don't have any issues with data, camera or battery. I used Juice Defender Ultimate with my extended battery & yesterday I took my phone off charge around 8am and last night at about midnight I still had 60% left! There is a slight delay in restoring the data back on when I wake the phone while using JD but the app learned quite well it the wait is minimal!

As for the camera, I never had the issues the others have with taking bad pictures. Wait for the focus box to turn green & the pictures are GREAT! I will admit sometimes it takes a long time for the box to turn green but I am sure that will be fixed with the first update...

Plus don't forget the Bionic is in line for ICS!!!!

The ONLY phone I would get right now instead of the Bionic is the Galaxy Nexus....and that is ONLY based on the specs & not any hands on experience. For all we know the Nexus could just end up being a dud! ;)

mswierse

Reaction score
Love my bionic... definitely would not get any phone that doesn't have a removable battery. Also has to have micro sd card... like being able to upgrade if needed.

scdown

Reaction score
Given the choice of yes or no, I'll have to take the lasagna.

I really enjoy the phone if attached to WiFi.

However, for me to overlook the data issue, that means I have to overlook the fact that I need to use the airplane mode toggle, possibly multiple times, each time I enter and leave my office. It creates a level of frustration that makes me want to use the phone less.

nubia

Reaction score
I concur with scdown, I too like the phone in general but the data issue is a big FAIL. also is the bsod.

don_droid

Reaction score
I love the phone, I understand that these things are very complex pieces of hardware and software. I know I will have a few growing issues with every brand new item. Nothing will work perfect right out the door. Just think what we used 10 years ago? I have worked on building these technologies since the late 80s and understand the complexity involved. I have lost data connections, but a simple airplane mode and back fixes it right now. I expect the first update to fix this. Right now this is the best phone in the market, tomorrow I am sure a better one will appear.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm still happy with my bionic despite having all the data connection issues and the terrible camera software. This phone is pretty sweet, I just hope the ota fix these issues.

Well, I've put the 5.5.893 and the 5.6.893 leaked OTA updates on my phone and I can report, that on phone, these updates solved the camera issue, music stutter, wifi to 3G hand-off and the 3G to 4G to 3G hand-off. Also, I've not had a seconds worth of data disconnection either (this is totally true for 3G, but I can't claim too much for 4G as I'm almost never in a 4G area). I was in a 4G area today and the switching between 3g-4G was great. During that time it did SEEM that the 4G signal was stronger, but that is just a "seat-of-the-pants" statement (and I haven't had my seat-of-the-pants calibrated in months and months!!). YMMV!!

Good luck.

lbeberdick

Reaction score
What is an ota update?

atlrus

Reaction score
Those members that are so ecstatic over the Bionic must be stepping up from some old stuff :)

Compared to an OG Droid, sure, it's much better, but overall it's a big disappointment from Moto. I upgraded from the TB to Bionic and I have to say that despite having twice the raw power, the Bionic is noticeably slower than the Thunderbolt.
On the bright side, the phone feels better in my hand than the TB and the screen is also much better.

*edit