Bionic Owners, are you happy? (Overlooking the Data Glitch)

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by ChevyNexus, Oct 29, 2011.

?

Over Looking Data Issue, are you happy?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ripper2860

ripper2860 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Love it!! Came from a DX and then briefly went to a Charge. The Bionic is definitely a keeper!!! Fast and very good battery life compared to the Charge. (Although I do miss the unlocked bootloader w/ the Charge and the limitless tweaks/hacks).

2. lykofos

lykofos Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Likewise, I must be in a fringe area too. I can move from the kitchen, to the bedroom, to the living room, to the patio and it's constantly switching between 4G, 3G, and then often the connection dies and goes to nothing when trying to switch between the two. About 2 miles up the road, I have solid 4G and no disconnect problems. So it's definitely a location / 4G to 3G transition issue as we already know.

Other than that (and the high pitch whine with headphones), I'm satisfied and am really enjoying the phone. Minor annoyances that are expected when being an early adopter of new phone, hopefully it gets sorted out with the first firmware update.

3. bplewis24

bplewis24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm happy, but I'm ready to go back to Vanilla Android.

4. samsung rogue user

Ratings:
    +0
    i was... unfortunately mine recently started freezing and auto rebooting along with the data lost. I love the speed but the little things that happen daily on this $300 phone just irritates me. Phone of all phones just let me down. It is solely my opinion and other's may feel differently. I had less problems on my Droid og. And it worked flawlessly until I loaded tons of apps on it and it slowed down. :(

5. crxlsturbo

crxlsturbo Member

Ratings:
    +21
    You know I am happy with my bionic. I have had it since release day. Don't get me wrong there are little bugs in it like the data loss, locking up on certain websites and apps uninstalling. But from what I am reading about the ota update coming out very soon. This phone will be solid. I am coming from a DROID 1, DROID X and the DROID 3. The bionic is by far a zippy phone. I am very happy with the extended battery and battery life. I can get easily 48hrs on my phone with moderate use. All in all, I love this phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

6. DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I really want to like it, but it's totally unresponsive for 7 to 8 hours at a time. But then I wake up, get out of bed and it's fine. I guess I'll keep it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Scribble

Scribble Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

I LOVE my Bionic... Can't wait for the OTA as that seems like it will solve all issues I've had with it.

8. Gudasau

Gudasau Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +933
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z-Force
    One week and one day with my Bionic. Not a single issue. I haven't even lost data connection anywhere. My husband, who didn't want to switch phones, went out and got a Bionic on Friday after watching me play with mine! Call it droid envy! Today, I'm taking our adult son out to choose a phone for his birthday. My money's on the Bionic too! Our youngest has been promised a new phone for Christmas... We're already talking about moving him into one as well! They're pricey, but Motorola builds a nice piece of equipment and with the 4G ability and all the bells and whistles, I feel this phone will easily carry each of us through the next 2 years until our next NE2.

Granted, we are coming from Palm, but we're not totally stoooooopid. We understand that this is a brand new piece of equipment which will need some updates before it's a well oiled machine. We've been through things like this before, just like new computer software or the first year's release of a new car. It'll take some tweaking to get everything running smoothly, but it's well worth it!

Yes, I love my Bionic!

9. brad92

brad92 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +17
    This thread is funny. Its like saying, "Do you think that girl is hot, aside from her massive amounts of body hair?"

Kidding aside, what is the deal with Motorola and music issues? The X2 had the popping, skipping issues and the Bionic has the high pitched whining issues... pretty sad.

Boot Manager

10. Jelem1880

Jelem1880 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm still happy with my bionic despite having all the data connection issues and the terrible camera software. This phone is pretty sweet, I just hope the ota fix these issues.

11. blwn327

blwn327 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Just that little bit of data issue but other than that I luv it.... With extended battery of course lol

12. jbjtkbw00

jbjtkbw00 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Really liking this phone. My main problem is the random uninstallation of apps that seem to occur to apps that were moved to the sd card using Apps2SD Pro. Other than that, I had the data issue last night, but I was in downtown Orlando which was very congested due to Halloween goings on. It's only been 3 days, so I'm still witnessing it, but my data speeds are out of this world. May need to up my data plan.

Search tags for this page

driod bionic is a glitchy phone