bionic..OUT...anyone know costcos exchage policy? :(

chris420o

Reaction score
sooo i had my og for what 2 years? phones before that...never broke a screen...out sat not 2 days in from enjoying my bionic and bam drunkin mishap and now my screens crack down from the upper left corner...phone works but im sooooooooo MAD...so i called the costco girl and ima go try to get a new one when i bought my og from bestbuy i literally got 2 new ones in the first month after a few things i did lol hows costco anyone ever have a situation where they had to bring a phone back they just bought there to get a new one and if it was painless ??? or my other options besides insurance which i dont wanna bother with paying another 50 or 90 w.e it is for a new phone

Gremlin

Reaction score
You have 14 days for returning the phone to costco if you don't like it.. than you have 90 days for any problem with the phone and you will get a replacement..

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I think he dropped his Bionic and cracked the screen. They won't let you return one with a cracked screen, but if you have insurance you may be able to get it replaced.

Last edited:

Interpol

Reaction score
The easiest solution is to just buy a new Bionic at full price, or send it in to get it repaired. Your cracked screen isn't because of a defect, so warranty doesn't apply here. Besides, when you return something to Costco it at least needs to be in working, resalable condition. And unless insurance covers accidents or abuse that doesn't apply either - additionally, unless you already have insurance it's too late. Buying insurance after the fact is fraud, plain and simple.

I don't understand why you think Costco should simply replace your phone for free or a discount because of your own negligence. Or am I missing something here?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nikecar

Reaction score
So because of his drunken stupidity, he wants to return it. nice

psychicdroid

Reaction score
Honestly they shouldn't take it back. You did something to it, it's not the phones fault.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
We need to know more about the drunken mishap. Did you drop it off a building?

sooo i had my og for what 2 years? phones before that...never broke a screen...out sat not 2 days in from enjoying my bionic and bam drunkin mishap and now my screens crack down from the upper left corner...phone works but im sooooooooo MAD...so i called the costco girl and ima go try to get a new one when i bought my og from bestbuy i literally got 2 new ones in the first month after a few things i did lol hows costco anyone ever have a situation where they had to bring a phone back they just bought there to get a new one and if it was painless ??? or my other options besides insurance which i dont wanna bother with paying another 50 or 90 w.e it is for a new phone