Bionic or wait for Vigor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bionic

Reaction score
a man owns a droid...a women owns an htc device...make your choice gentlemen

I had both - an HTC for work and an OG for personal. Guess that makes me a tranny or something. ;)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tgs3838

Reaction score
Well this had been fun reading. But I really like my Bionic. Iv had a droid 1 and 2. I do agree that those phones feel very solid in your hard. But I like the feel on the Bionic more. So far Iv has 0 problems with loss of data or anything like that. Really weird how some people have problems and others dont. The screen isnt the best thing on earth. But like someone else said. Its just a phone. And really I dont even notice it while watching videos and other things. so far thats my experience with this phone. Not sure how the Vigor will be. But the good/bad thing phone tech is theres always gonna be something newer and better coming up within a few months. And each phone will have good points and bad points. I just got tired of waiting. And went with the Bionic. So far Iv very happy.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
jeez didnt mean to stir up such a pot with my post....quick responses...

one i been here for quite a while the moderators know my antics by now...two i said nothing bad just solid opinions based on solid facts...three maybe i should rephrase what i said "girls use htc phones...woman use droids ;)" lol...but seriously user friendly? get an apple device dumbed down for the masses...we are here bc we like android phones i personally dont like the bloat n flash of htc devices(how many people use adw/launcher pro and so on) but never when anyone compares the bionic or w.e phone to the vigor or prime to they mention ohh i want the vigor bc of sense its always us lil roming fanatics that wanna mess with our phones all day and we only mention specs and locked bootloaders and removing manufacture ui's....and to the whoever mentioned about the the locked bootloader doesnt read too much bc motorola said they plan to unlock their newer phones starting november possibly sooner...wouldnt doubt in a manor like htc is doing through their website...and 100% better screen? how u figure whats 100% better hd is 100% better then qhd? how do u know u seen it? this is a 4.3 inch screen people not a 43 inch tv...also the pentile isnt as bad as everyone talks about some people are just too nit-picky and if no one ever knew about it i doubt it would ever be mentioned honestly go ask a random person in a verizon store im sure they wouldnt say one thing negative...now with all this my argument stays valid...what does the vigor hold over the bionic once you break them down to bare android? nothing...except a lil better screen in an uglier/boring like every other phone out(opinion sorry) phone design made with less build quality and components.....if that floats ur boat keep waiting...and waiting...and waiting....u get the point

While I agree with some of what you said, almost everything you've been ranting about is based purely on your rather one-sided sexist opinion and not actual facts. You have a pure hatred for all things HTC, that is clear. You are a Moto fanboy, that is clear. I love Moto too, but not to the point where I would blindly write off HTC and Samsung.

You go on and on mocking people for disliking the screen. You like the screen, that's fine, it's your opinion. But saying people are too nit-picky is just ridiculous. I love the Bionic overall and would have bought it day one, if not for the screen. I'm one of the people that have seen it in person and absolutely hate it. I do design work for a living so I guess I have a higher attention to detail so things like this really bother me. Should I, or anyone else here be mocked because we don't like the screen? No, we will wait for the Vigor or the Prime because there's hope they will have truely great screens.

You mention build quality. Again this is your opinion. I too like like Moto's build quality but have found little wrong with the quality of other manufacturers. Phone too light? Some people like that. Too much plastic? Some people like that.

You rant on and on telling people to get over whatever their reservations are for the Bionic, when that's their true opinion. You can't knock em for that. Looking back through your posts in this thread, nothing you've said has been based on fact, purely opinion. The op asked a specific question on what they should do and instead of a logical explanation, you went on with your Moto lovefest.

To the op, the Bionic is a great phone overall. My opinion, best LTE phone on the market "right now." Go to a store, test the phone, see the screen in person. If it meets your needs, great, buy it and be happy. If not, wait for word on the Vigor and then the Prime. Do the same, go to a store and test them for yourself. My opinion based on what I've read is that the Vigor will be comparable to the Bionic, maybe slightly better specs and much better screen (in terms of looks, maybe not sunlight visibility). Build quality? I don't know, we'll have to see. Lots of people like HTC, some don't.

Then we have the Prime. Samsung and Google's love child. I truely think this will be the phone of the year by a long shot. Nothing else is going to compare to this in terms of new tech, software and hardware. Since it's a Google device, we don't have to worry about it being delayed (no thanks to Verizon), we know it will be out by the holidays. Yes, I'm a Prime fanboy, only because 9+ months of waiting for the Bionic has driven me a bit bonkers while teaching me to have patience. I've waiting this long, I'm not pulling the trigger on a device until I've seen the competition. Bionic vs Vigor vs Prime. Whichever fits my needs the best will get my money, and you should do the same if you're hesitant on the Bionic. My rant is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.