Bionic or Stay with TB?

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by AmericanNomads, Jul 19, 2011.

1. AmericanNomads

Ratings:
    +0
    I know these type of threads are beat into the ground, I apologize but I'm debating on picking up the Bionic. What's some of ur guys input?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

2. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I find blur unattractive, and find it hard to understand the high expectations for this device which seems to have a lot of development issues.

I'm waiting for the next round of lte devices, has the lte standard even been finalized? I was told by avzw friend that all the current phones are basically lte beta test.

3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    What do you expect/hope to gain by switching?

4. jeremycnly

jeremycnly Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bionic, keep in mind your gonna be dealing with most likely motoblur and a locked bootloader but the phone is way more practical then that crap in a box TB.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

5. justin82

justin82 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +216
    The Bionic is going to have problems just like the thunderbolt does..
    i like my thunderbolt getting decent battery life and all on CyanogenMod.

your going to have fan boys in both directions saying one is better than the other..

I want the Bionic because it is new and i am a phone geek .. but i dont want it enough to pay full retail.

2nd round of LTE devices is where the top of line phones will be. hopefully unlocked bootloaders are in that mix.

6. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Member

Ratings:
    +0
    New blur looks pretty good actually. At least the version on the D3 anyway. I'd be totally content with that. I actually... like it 8-0

*customized tapatalk signature*

7. Dusty

Dusty Gold Member

Ratings:
    +594
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    I had some definite growing pains with my TB, but I'm actually happy with it now. I actually returned it when it first came out and repurchased it after the last round of updates. I missed the 4G capability (I tether alot). I was going to go with the Bionic, but I asked myself, "What do I gain?". What can a dual core give me right now? I didn't have a good answer and I didn't feel like waiting for the Bionic.

So, I think I'm going to hang on to my TB until next spring/summer when the next generation of phones arrive.

I will say this... If the SGSII is a VZW LTE phone I'd run out and buy it immediately. I would trade my TB for the SGSIIs NFC capability.

8. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    The fact that the epicc4g is rumored to be coming to vzw as a lte phone this late should make it painfully obvious the sgs2 wont be lte.

9. turdbogls

turdbogls Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    what is all this talk about the bionic. we dont know any specs about it, we dont know what it looks like. it could be an LTE DX2 for all we know, which wouldn't be all that great. all this hype for a phone that we know absolutely NOTING about is a total waste of time.

however in thoery, if you can suck down the cost of the bionic, by all means get it, it will probably be a better phone if you are OK with a locked down phone and Blur. just keep in mind, about a month after that is announced there is going to be another bigger and better phone on the way. its just the way the phone world is right now. personally, the TB does everything and anything i want it to do...so did my original Droid....but i got a sweet deal on my phones so it was no big deal to buy/sell to get what i wanted. Duel core is going to be faster...but how much faster will it actually be in a real world situation....not that much. i am holding onto my TB until 3/2012 when my next upgrade is....then i will buy the top of the line phone that is out then....and i wont wait for the next best thing because i would be waiting forever.

sorry
    /rant

10. DroidXDoes4G

DroidXDoes4G Member

Ratings:
    +3
    The is now a rumor that it will have some more improved specs, but MOTO expects it will be releasing in winter.

By that note, expect it somewhere in the summer of 2012.

11. kparks

kparks Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    If u have a tb already I def would not get it. It will not be much of a upgrade at all and blur is so annoying.. I would wait till next year or so anything this year like I said won't be much of a improvement

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

12. kookk

kookk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If it is anything like the x2, avoid it like the plague. I actually sold my x2 so I could get a tb and I'm keeping it until at least next summer. If I'm going to use my upgrade, its going to be on a super phone, not a small step up.

Id rather buy an extra battery than deal with blur and a locked boot any day.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums