Bionic or rezound

JJDH

Reaction score
I have the bionic. I smashed it due to the data issues. I got mad and chucked it. Now I am getting the insurance replacement. Thinking selling the bionic and getting the rezound? I don't have a dedicated need for a particular phone. I just want a good device. Any thoughts would be helpful.

fobpartisan

Reaction score
I have the bionic. I smashed it due to the data issues. I got mad and chucked it. Now I am getting the insurance replacement. Thinking selling the bionic and getting the rezound? I don't have a dedicated need for a particular phone. I just want a good device. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Go for it. I had the bionic for 3 days. Made my eyes hurt n gave me headaches. Have the rezound n loving it. Screen way better. Sound also. Don't lose data connection. Can't complain at all.

Master_Arbiter

Reaction score
Personally I have not tried the Rezound, heard it is pretty good though. I have a Bionic, and yes the d.d (data drops) are annoying. Just did the new UD and its been working fine....IDK, guess i would have to try the Rezound to give an accurate reply.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

markwebb

Reaction score
you need to decide for yourself. I love my bionic and I have had no problems. Resound does have a gorgeous screen but you can see the bionic in daylight quite nicely. Beats is a gimmick...if you like bass heavy sound. Resound has more bulk.

fobpartisan

Reaction score
you need to decide for yourself. I love my bionic and I have had no problems. Resound does have a gorgeous screen but you can see the bionic in daylight quite nicely. Beats is a gimmick...if you like bass heavy sound. Resound has more bulk.

Bionic is bigger then rezound but weighs less. With a case on bionic I had a hard time typing with my thumb. With rezound having a case I dont have any issues. Im not big on rooting but would be nice to remove sence 3.5 and just have a stock rom.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Get the rezound!! the beats are just extra.. that is a really nice phone even if the beats weren't included. Sense 3.5 is really smooth and visually appealing too
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Last edited:

rdgxray

Reaction score
I think once you get so irritated with something you smash it, it is time to start new. If you stick with bionic every little hiccup it has will make you regret it. Get the rezound or nexus and then review the new phone against the bionic. Always good to hear a critique from someone with experience with bionic. I have 9.01 update and bionic work better than it ever has before. Better for you to try something new, maybe you will come back to bionic if new phone has bigger minuses for you. Good luck!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Had both for quite awhile, both very different phones and very different experiences.

Beats isn't horrible - it's a gimmick unless you need a set of headphones, which I did. And yes, there's a lot of bass, but depending on the music I didn't find it to be over done too often - to each his own.

Rezound screen - more accurate, much higher resolution screen, hard to see outside, but absolutely beautiful overall.
Bionic screen - very subjective... some love, some hate, but you can't deny it's brightness and ease of use outside.

Battery life - I found these two to have the best battery life out of all the latest LTE phones - on par with each other, but the Bionic probably slightly edged it out on an average day for me.

Data connection - My experience was that the Rezound's radio and ability to hold a 4G signal (and switch instantaneously) was head and shoulders above the Bionic's, even after the 5.5.893 update for the Bionic.

Sense 3.5 vs. "Blur" are very different experiences. Apples to Oranges in my opinion, you'll have to decide.

Hackability... obviously the Bionic has a lot more going for it in this arena right now. But I know for a fact that devs are working hard on getting S-off/perm root on the Rezound - and once they get it, the phone will be a beast with that HD screen.

OP
JJDH

JJDH

Reaction score
This is the info im looking for. Just don't want to downgrade.... I get bored easy.... the input is helpful.

hydro556

Reaction score
I have been holding on to my upgrade for several months and when the Bionic dropped I tried it out. It is a pretty nice device for sure, but lacked that WOW factor for me.

I loved the ability to see the screen in bright sunlight, best device I have ever seen in that regard. The screen, other than that, was good but not great. Overall I liked the phone, but decided to send it back and hold onto my upgrade.

I have checked out the Rezound and think it is a great device given the little time I have spent with it. If I talk my wife into using her available upgrade that is the device I will likely get for her. (We both are coming from HTC Incredibles)

But I didnt have to spend long with my Nexus to realize it is the beast of a phone I was looking for to hold me the next two yrs. I am big on screens and the Nexus has been blowing me away every day for the few days I have had it. The phone has been phenomenal for me and I love the fact that it will be babied by Google until I am due another upgrade.

If I were you, between the two you mentioned I would go Rezound and hope they got it opened up soon so maybe you could tone down the Sense.

Merry Christmas!

x25064

Reaction score
Scrap both and grab a Nexus. Its not the end a be all phone that everyone wanted it to be, but its decent out of the box, fairly lag free (unlike both of these phones in question) and the dev community for it will be enormous.

If the nexus isn't your bag, grab a RAZR cause honestly that's a superb phone too.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where did you find lag with the rezound? I'm just interested to see what you consider lag. I'm lag free.

x25064

Reaction score
Where did you find lag with the rezound? I'm just interested to see what you consider lag. I'm lag free.

Screen transitions, menus, app drawer. All over the place. Its pretty obvious if you playbwoth the phone next to a galaxy s2, 4s, or even a nexus (which isn't lag free itself). The lag in the rezound has been pointed out by reviewers such as phone dog as well.

x25064

Reaction score
I never said that about the nexus, dont put words in my mouth, or confuse me for a nexus snob. I am neither. If I had it my way I would run an epic touch in a heartbeat, but I chose not to leave vzw.

I purchased my phone because i think it is the best pick if the vzw bunch at the moment. HTC has no appeal to me unless we are talking WP7. I didn't buy my phone for the dev community, however because of what it is, you'd be foolish to think there won't be plenty of roms for it. Does it have bugs? Plenty. Does it run smoother then the rezound? You bet. In my area, I even get faster 4g speeds then people I know with the rezound. Am I snobbing all other phones besides mine? No, but I don't care for the rezound, its hypeaudio, and Sense.

Also 4g will kill ANY phone with heavy usage. What's unfortunate about the razr is the lack of extended battery, otherwise its a really nice phone.

Last edited: