Bionic or Prime no brainer give me a break !

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are ppl really thinking that google won't be involved in their 12 billion dollar investment? Thats two years of profit that they spent on moto. You don't think the stockholders would want them involved? Googles just gonna let moto do what they want with no input from them? Come on, people....

vzdroid13

Reaction score
Samsung makes a nice phone, as long as Google is involved in the design. The Nexus S is probably the smoothest android phone I've ever dealt with. With that kind of software powered by a 1.5ghz omap, with a Super AmoLED screen at full HD resolution, running on LTE,,,, how could you lose?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you have your ear to the ground, you'll learn that Google bought Motorola Mobility for their 17,000 patents to prevent being sued by Apple and keep Android the mobile monster that it's become. I think the biggest point is, people are expecting incredible, instantaneous changes to how and what Motorola Mobility does and it's just not how these acquisitions work.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you have your ear to the ground, you'll learn that Google bought Motorola Mobility for their 17,000 patents to prevent being sued by Apple and keep Android the mobile monster that it's become. I think the biggest point is, people are expecting incredible, instantaneous changes to how and what Motorola Mobility does and it's just not how these acquisitions work.

I agree that we're not gonna suddenly see. "motoroogle" and google taking over everything motorola does but there is zero chance that the two are not gonna work together. Its way too big of an investment for google to say "ok do what you want". They could have purchased the patents alone and saved billions. The fact that they went the extra step shows they have something else in mind even if the politically correct thing for them to say is "we will show no favorites".

The stockholders are going to expect google to prove it was a worthwhile investment. Spending two years of profits just for patents would have been the dumbest thing google could have done.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I agree that we're not gonna suddenly see. "motoroogle" and google taking over everything motorola does but there is zero chance that the two are not gonna work together. Its way too big of an investment for google to say "ok do what you want". They could have purchased the patents alone and saved billions. The fact that they went the extra step shows they have something else in mind even if the politically correct thing for them to say is "we will show no favorites".

The stockholders are going to expect google to prove it was a worthwhile investment. Spending two years of profits just for patents would have been the dumbest thing google could have done.

+1. And considering Google's success, I think it's safe to say that they don't make many dumb moves.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll have to gather a few articles I've read to prove this, but there was great potential for Google to be sued by Apple and put a big dent in the availability of their Android OS. So it's possible they felt 12Billion was worth the prevention of legal entanglement, considering mobile devices are now the #1 "must have" tech by a long shot and will continue to prove so in the future.

I do agree that Google will be directly involved with MM in the future.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll have to gather a few articles I've read to prove this, but there was great potential for Google to be sued by Apple and put a big dent in the availability of their Android OS. So it's possible they felt 12Billion was worth the prevention of legal entanglement, considering mobile devices are now the #1 "must have" tech by a long shot and will continue to prove so in the future.

I do agree that Google will be directly involved with MM in the future.

Definitely. Patents have a lot to do with it and they were definitely a huge reason for the purchase. But not the only reason

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I guess I should have said they aren't going to help each other right now. It probably won't effect the bionic or the next moto phone. We will probably have to wait a year or two 2 see any changes and it might not even happen by then.

iveman89

Reaction score
I use to rock these samsung phones, and they were awesome for their time. I love the keyboard on the 760 i wish they made them like that again. Those are old school :icon_ cry:

RedTarget

Reaction score
I use to rock these samsung phones, and they were awesome for their time. I love the keyboard on the 760 i wish they made them
like that again. Those are old school :icon_ cry:

I have 3 i760's sitting in my desk drawer. All in working condition! :) They were very good phones... but the lack of updates and the whole ESN issue is what killed them.

Back on topic... I am still perfectly happy with my Thunderbolt and may be in the minority of Thunderbolt owners to not have any serious problems. However, the idea of the Prime possibly coming to Verizon (even without any specs..) makes my mouth water. Unfortunately I've grown to enjoy the simultaneous voice and data that I get with the thunderbolt... it may be harder to let go than my OG Droid at this point! I pay for and use the mobile hotspot feature often, and not losing the ability to make and receive calls while doing so is a big bonus in my eyes. So if one of these devices ships with that ability it could easily become my next phone!