Bionic or Galaxy S2

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
wait with us mikey : )

Hey I've been waiting since August of '10 to get a device how long have you been waiting?

Reaction score

Hey I've been waiting since August of '10 to get a device how long have you been waiting?

Wow that's a long time man! I actually can't upgrade till May but I've been ready to get a new phone since the middle of last year. I got a BB Tour almost 2 years ago exactly 31 days before the Droid launched, worst timing ever! Then a few months ago my friend was selling her Bold 9650 and got a great price for it $100 bucks. I should saved a little more money and gotten the Droid. Then maybe all this waiting wouldn't be so bad! I was set on getting the Bionic, but I didn't like the amount of RAM or the .3mp ffc, but then a few weeks ago I heard about this. and Its got everything I want spec wise and it even looks better. I wish there was a specific date, It'd make waiting a lot easier!

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
not liking where the pricing and contracts are heading.

soon its gonna be a 5 year contract or full overcharged price for the phone. love where the technology is going not liking where the service providers are going with it.

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Wow that's a long time man! I actually can't upgrade till May but I've been ready to get a new phone since the middle of last year. I got a BB Tour almost 2 years ago exactly 31 days before the Droid launched, worst timing ever! Then a few months ago my friend was selling her Bold 9650 and got a great price for it $100 bucks. I should saved a little more money and gotten the Droid. Then maybe all this waiting wouldn't be so bad! I was set on getting the Bionic, but I didn't like the amount of RAM or the .3mp ffc, but then a few weeks ago I heard about this. and Its got everything I want spec wise and it even looks better. I wish there was a specific date, It'd make waiting a lot easier!

I had the Tour as well. I opened up another line to get the Droid. Your upgrade is coming at a good time. You will have a good overview of the Android playing field by then.

Sent from my Droid

Reaction score

I had the Tour as well. I opened up another line to get the Droid. Your upgrade is coming at a good time. You will have a good overview of the Android playing field by then.

Sent from my Droid

Yea I know. I've been following these forums and Howard Forums for a while to stay on top of things and make sure I don't get an outdated phone, my cousin just got the Samsung Transform on Sprint last week:icon_eek:. If the S2 doesn't come to Verizon by the end next month then hopefully it will be announced and have a solid release date.

Reaction score
I think Asus needs to make a phone... the ee pad transformer's source code has already been released, and the product isn't even out yet... *looks forward to a brighter future... WITHOUT having to switch to windows phone*

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
A

allan1313

Reaction score
I guess I am a rookie. I am only from November '10 ;)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

girlsliketech2

Reaction score
I'm starting to get antsy. I've been trying to hold out for the SG2, but with Bionic starting to loom so close I may have to settle especially with no real news about the SG2 in the US.

Reaction score
Maybe since there won't be a new iPhone 5 in June they'll replace the launch with the S2, it's just a thought, but I think that thought is a good one, what do you think? :)

OP
A

allan1313

Reaction score
While June would be nice I would still prefer May. June seems more realistic at this point since it has not come out anywhere yet.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Engadget reports that the S2 is coming to the UK on May 1st. So hopefully we will see it soon after. But I will not get it if it is steeply overpriced. I will wait many months until it has been discounted.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
So if it's launched on May 1st in UK that means VZ will have it in August-September as it usually happens with this type of phones that start selling in EU first . I'm not expecting this on VZ anytime sooner than 2 months after AT&T , T-Mobile and Sprint will get one .

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea verizon usually falls behind with the latest technology. I am happy with my fascinate for now. The S2 will be nice when and if it evetually comes out though.

Sent from my fascinate