Bionic or Galaxy S2

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
IMO I think Moto make's some ugly looking phones. Samsung makes the best looking ones, and they are light, slim and sleak. Just my opinion though.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Motorola and HTC make physically appealing phones. I can't stand the way Samsung designs their phones its so uggh... no creative. I love how minimal and simple the droid1 was, Droid X and most of the HTC devices. Aesthetics plays a major role in my choice. Hardware is a big factor too.

I like women to be aesthetically pleasing not my electronics. Its all about specs. I'd carry a brick that was loaded with cutting edge hardware. Its about power ...

Sent from my Droid

corymcnutt

Reaction score
IMO I think Moto make's some ugly looking phones. Samsung makes the best looking ones, and they are light, slim and sleak. Just my opinion though.
I'd have to agree - Moto's are a rectangle of plastic, whereas the HTC's, iphone (I know, but let's give credit where credit is due), and, especially, this new Samsung S2 are slim & sleek looking, very polished looking.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

mokitaco

Reaction score
With the release date of the Bionic creeping closer and the first steps towards official announcement being taken (like that device manager post for example), it's increasing obvious that the Bionic is going to come out a while before the S2. That is, if the S2 EVER comes out on Verizon.

I just can't wait that long, sorry Samsung.

player52

Reaction score
I Have Faith That May the SII will be out for Verizon.

ive had my upgrade since nov and ive been holding off since then so you can imagine how i feel towards an upgrade. my current phone (Droid 1) ive had since release day and i refuse to get a phone i will replace within months. i though the TB was the one then the Bionic but now that ive seen the Galaxy S2 il wait till dec for it if i have to.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
The latest technology is out of date the day it goes on sale. One can never keep up with technology it is exponential.

Sent from my fascinate

Reaction score
ALL I want is 4g dual core and I'm good to go for a while... easily modded adds a HUGE bonus to buy factor...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
galaxy

This phone specs are definatley good for 18 months. better for longevity than the droid i would think. (if i had to run droid at 550-600mhz still i think i would have to settle for the thunderbolt now.
I do find all the update comments funny. short memories how long did it take for the droid to get froyo? long enough that it made me root . If the droid was updated to froyo in a timely manner as it was promised before i even bought the phone Sourcery would have never existed because i would not of rooted my phone and would not of even known about all this cool stuff you can do.
oh let me check out the update for droid,droidx,droid2 for gingerbread. oh shoot there arent any without rooting-still.

if this phone came with froyo than i might be concerned about ever seeing gingerbread. every other high tech phone coming has froyo and if you havent learned anything from verizon i wouldnt expect to see gingerbread anytime soon :)

this phone comes with gingerbread and so much other stuff first with this new usb/hdmi thing which sounds cool but really i only care that it will allow hdmi outt to tv.
I really hope it does come to verizon. the only other phone that i think compres at this time is the evo 3d but sprint jsut isnt a choice for with its poor coverage area. my sister has to have a device in her house or that cant even get phone calls on sprint in our town.

with motorola trying to put out their own os im just not to sure how much they are gonna really care to put out updates other than bug fixes in their android phones in the future. and they seem to be trying to push this make yuur phone into a laptop. i just want to see whats on the screen on the big tv such as streaming video maybe games from it. all that atrix stuff just doesnt interest me.

Oh and CK i would settle for that girl that looks like a brick occasionally as long as i dont have to sign a 2 year contract.

zero7404

Reaction score
wondering, if the galaxy and bionic specs matched exactly, which phone, hardware-wise would be of better quality/performance ?

Reaction score
wondering, if the galaxy and bionic specs matched exactly, which phone, hardware-wise would be of better quality/performance ?

Cant speak for samsung, but motorola (especially the D1) are really solid feeling as it pertains towards quality. Performance unfortunately still has yet to have a recognized standard for testing performance on devices. Quadrant is still flaky. Would really like to see a standard for matching up computing and graphical abilities accurately on mobile devices.

Reaction score
All you people are lucky with your OG droids and Dincs and Xs, I have a BB 9650 :( It makes be want to not wait and get the Bionic when it comes out, but I know I'd be happier with the S2. I was going to get the Bionic with a one year contract but I can't do that now... what to do what to do

1yrpage1.png