Bionic opinions.

DoctorV

Reaction score
It's the only dual core 4G LTE phone on Verizon. If you live in a 4G area like I do then it's a no brainer. I prefer a physical keyboard so I would have preferred the D3 but the 4G trumps it by a mile.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would definitely most likely have waited for it but I don't have 4g yet. So, I got the Droid 3. I'll just wait for an even better 4g phone to come out in the next few months while I wait for 4g to come to my area, sell my s3, use that as my "discount" and buy the phone outright. The bionic for now will most likely definitely be worth buying.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The original Bionic I absolutely loved. The new revision I don't like the appearance at all honestly, but 4G should be very nice as my area has full coverage.

Larger screen is nice, but we don't know how the pentile will look.

No slideout keyboard, which is awesome, so hopefully it will be lighter and thinner than the original Droid.

Dual core, which once software is optimized should prove to be an incredible increase in performance. Hopefully they've solved battery problems which would cause the performance to be limited by power saving options to prevent constant charging.

I also hope it fits in my jean pocket, as it looks quite large.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wont know if its the phone to have until I get some play time with it...lol

But dual core, LTE as already mentioned. I'm not really feeling Tegra 2 devices either. After going from the Droid 1 to the DX1 I dont really have use for a physical keyboard anymore. Do miss it with emulators tho..lol

Battery life and reception....Moto always seems to be near the top in these.

Yea and screen size. I cant see myself doing anything under 4" anymore. And the size of the DX1 isnt bad.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I wont know if its the phone to have until I get some play time with it...lol

But dual core, LTE as already mentioned. I'm not really feeling Tegra 2 devices either. After going from the Droid 1 to the DX1 I dont really have use for a physical keyboard anymore. Do miss it with emulators tho..lol

Battery life and reception....Moto always seems to be near the top in these.

Yea and screen size. I cant see myself doing anything under 4" anymore. And the size of the DX1 isnt bad.

It is also rumored that it won't have a removable battery. Which may happen because they could add a better battery, but will hurt when you want extras or need a battery pull. (tons of people bricking anyone?) If true, Moto just failed.

We want our phones as far away from the i*hone as possible.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Really? Thats strange. And the first I heard of this...The back I know can come off cuz you will be able to swap the LTE sim card with other LTE devices. The SD card should be able to be changed.

That just doesnt fit...lol

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
^Really? Thats strange. And the first I heard of this...The back I know can come off cuz you will be able to swap the LTE sim card with other LTE devices. The SD card should be able to be changed.

That just doesnt fit...lol

Motorola Dinara to Follow the DROID Bionic, May Be One of the First Android Super Phones? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

2nd paragraph end of 2nd line.

And my bad, its not for the Bionic.
Its supposed to be another phone AFTER the Bionic in the winter.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
We about to go off topic like crazy...lol

I thought this phone was going to AT&T? I asked a couple of the insiders at another site were there gonna be any similar phones on Verizon next year, never got a response. If this holds true it may be coming to Verizon.

And I said if the Bionic doesnt come until Sept, I might as well just wait. Its almost next year by that time, even tho its only 1 month after Aug.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
We about to go off topic like crazy...lol

I thought this phone was going to AT&T? I asked a couple of the insiders at another site were there gonna be any similar phones on Verizon next year, never got a response. If this holds true it may be coming to Verizon.

And I said if the Bionic doesnt come until Sept, I might as well just wait. Its almost next year by that time, even tho its only 1 month after Aug.

I doubt it would go to ATT. But who knows.

And I agree about waiting.
MOTO is making a big mistake if they release the Bionic in september.

It would be a great phone now, but if the rumored specs are true, it would be outdated within a month.

Not that that matters, just sayin...

EFGantry

Reaction score
i'm with jroc - i don't know that Targa/Bionic is THE phone to have, at least not until it gets released. right now, it has the potential for being a beast: dual core LTE on VZW, big screen, Moto build quality, possibly unlockable bootloader later in the year, lots of ram and memory, etc. but, with the issues that have been encountered in development*, i'm rather leary of this device. [*altho, to be fair, the original Bionic was scrapped altogether, and the device now being released was originally code named the Targa and slated for a Q3 release; so, in that respect, it appears to be headed for an "on time" release.] by the time it comes out, as someone has mentioned, it is only going to be weeks or a few months away from being "old" tech...

now, the Dinara - i wonder if that's Moto's version of the Nexus Prime?!?! THAT is certainly one phone i am keeping my eye on. given the dubious history of the Bionic, i'm certainly going to wait and see what is coming down toward the end of the year before i pull the trigger on the Bionic...

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just hope the Bionic turns out nicely. I really don't like the feel/build quality of a lot of the other Droid Manufacturers. Although I did test out my younger brother's Inc2 and it had a great looking screen and felt great to hold, minus the camera bump on the back.

I think what I like most about Moto Droids is that it feels different than other devices, it seems like a professional device, not a kids toy.

kd.android

Reaction score
4G LTE
Dual core
Large "hi Res" screen (compared to my Droid)
Plenty of storage (compared to my Droid)

\kd

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums