Bionic on charger

Mike8016

Reaction score
Every morning when I wake up I go on my bionic. It always is acting up. Its very slow and when I click on icons it sometimes goes to different icons. But as soon as I take it off the charger it's works perfectly. Does anyone else experience this. By the way it works good when its on the charger but if its been on there for more than a few hours it acts up

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jadesaber2

Reaction score
I've got kind of the same issue. While it's charging, the screen is a bit flaky. Once it's at 100%, however, it's fine.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Have had similar things happen on occasion, have also read a few other posts (on this forum and others) indicating the same thing. I do use mine in the office while on the charger. Hopefully Motorola is taking a look at this.

ripper2860

Reaction score
I've read that it typically happens on 3rd party chargers or chargers from other phones (blackberry, other Moto models, etc) -- especially higher powered "quick" chargers. Posts in other forums seem to indicate that if you use the Bionic provided charger it does not happen, or at least not as badly.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
I've read that it typically happens on 3rd party chargers or chargers from other phones (blackberry, other Moto models, etc) -- especially higher powered "quick" chargers. Posts in other forums seem to indicate that if you use the Bionic provided charger it does not happen, or at least not as badly.

Hmmm, interesting. I see it more at work. I have the charger that came with the Bionic at home, use the one from my OG at work. Maybe I'll switch them and see what shakes. Thx for the idea!

OP
Mike8016

Mike8016

Reaction score
I was originally using my droid x charger then I started using the 9 foot charger from Verizon. I should try the bionic charger and see what happens

Droid3720

Reaction score
I've scrounged up 3 third party chargers. Two of them makes my boinic really slow on the charger. Not sure if it's hit and miss on the after market chargers doing this. The moto wall charger works great tho.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

quizzard

Reaction score
My Bionic performs just fine with a quick charger rated for 2100mA. Keep in mind the Bionic can only draw up to 1500mA from the charger.

When using aftermarket chargers, make sure they provide at least 850mA. Most provide anywhere from 350 to 550mA.

AlexSB

Reaction score
I've actually had this problem bad on the TB, but on the Bionic its actually not that bad. For me it happens occasionally but I can still use it/txt no problem. Ofcourse I have the cable in the way lol

ofiba

Reaction score
I notice this when I first wake up and the phone is still plugged in (charger that came with phone). The touchscreen response is a little delayed and sometimes seems to click where I don't click. I unplug it and it works fine.