Bionic not coming out of sleep mode

beckcoult

Reaction score
When I press the top button to turn on the display from sleep mode, it does not. Removing the battery and then doing a full startup fixes the problem, Any ideas. Phone is 1 mth old. Did speak to a verizon rep, instructed to do a total reset where it clears all settings and such...This is the 2nd time that this has occurred

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
It's one of the issues. I've had it happen a few times myself.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

safety

Reaction score
I'm rooted and using Liberty rom official, sleep works as expected for me.

ROB281

Reaction score
Black screen of death, happens some times no known explanation

OP
beckcoult

beckcoult

Reaction score
I confirmed with Verizon that a update is coming out mid November,hopefully it will fix that bug..one can only hope

Graymayre

Reaction score
Do you think we will need to unroot for this update? I know I had that issue when updating my D2G to GB. Since it is just a patch, there shouldn't be a problem, though, right?

safety

Reaction score
Being rooted shouldn't be a problem, but if you have deleted any bloat apps from vzw there may be issues. Make sure you have a good nandroid backup with all stock apps.

Sent from my Liberated Bionic

z96Cobra

Reaction score
How long are you pressing the button? To get the phone to wake from sleep, you have to hold the power button for a few seconds.

justicar123

Reaction score
Mine is having this problem too. I only got the phone last weekend. I held the power button for ten seconds. I have tried removing the battery, plugging it into the charger, and I have no idea what to do. It was working earlier this morning

dberthia

Reaction score
I had this problem a couple of times when I first got my Bionic. What fixed it for me was:
  • Settings
  • Battery and data manager
  • Battery mode
  • Select the "Performance mode" option
No problems since. Apparently some of the battery saving modes are buggy. This doesn't work for everybody, but it can't hurt to give it a try.

Droider75

Reaction score
This just happened to me this evening... Charged this afternoon at work with a 2nd charger I bought from Verizon 2 weeks after getting the phone. This evening around 10pm EST the phone did its little start-up song and dance than went black/dead. After pulling the battery I did get it to start its little power-up song and dance, after it crapped out in the middle of that, nothing. I'm on the original battery. Tried the extended even though I've never plugged it in before, nothing. So back to the original battery I've let it sit for a while and charge and tried to power it up, no joy. Tried power and both audio buttons at once, nothing again. Now I'm just letting it sit there and charge for a hour and see what happens - not expecting anything to be honest. Guess I'm going to the Verizon store in the morning unless it comes back up.

Update: have put the extended battery back in and hoping its charging... my brother is swinging buy on the way home from the place we both work with the charger I keep at work, I'll see if that makes a diff.... hrm wonder what time the Verizon store opens....

Last edited:
Reaction score
LOL!!! I was just going to post something about this. Lucky this came up. Power and both volume buttons held down for 15 seconds rebooted it. I was too lazy to take off the otterbox case. But it is annoying. All texts from when it initially froze came all at once as soon as it rebooted. Wow... my bionic is becoming unbionic every day..haha.