Bionic not allowing calls or texts. Please Help!!!

jaw4bama

Reaction score
Your phone is being weird, Maybe you need to go back to the store and get a new one.......It should not reboot on its own.

OP
J

JakkThunder

Reaction score
Your phone is being weird, Maybe you need to go back to the store and get a new one.......It should not reboot on its own.

Well it has been popping up saying i am internationally roaming and asking if i want to deny the data usage or accept it and it does it so often i dont always answer it and i think thats why it is restarting. but yeah i may just need a different bionic phone

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe try pulling the battery, pulling the sim, and wait a few then put it back together and restart it? I'm kinda clueless

Sent from my Liberated D2

mamawm

Reaction score
The network extender works just fine with the bionic. I've been using it with mine, never even considered that it might not work.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
If a $9.99 network extender will work i would get one anyway. If i'm ever somewhere without signal i'll know what to pick up to solve the issue

mamawm

Reaction score
Well now I don't know about the $9.99 one, but the $250 one definitely works, can't carry it around with you though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

djembeman

Reaction score
Global Roaming Settings

When i was in Alaska I had to enable Global Roaming settings on my 4G LG Revolution.

Settings, Wireless and Networks, Mobile Networks, Global data Roaming Access, check the box that enables roaming and enable access for all trips.

I think that even if you are roaming within the US you need to enable global roaming.

Attachments

• 20110911005817.jpeg
    20110911005817.jpeg
    25.4 KB · Views: 246
  • 20110911005845.jpeg
    20110911005845.jpeg
    34.1 KB · Views: 233

wooddale

Reaction score
Thats nice... its $250.

I have the network extender it works for me but I cant activate my Bionic until I get to a real verizon tower. They say it will work but it doesnt I was on the phone with a tec for an hr could not get it to work. Gotta get a new sim card because I had to reactivate my X so I could have a phone once you do that you retire your sim card.

sstrool

Reaction score
I am having a similar issue except that I am in a 4G region and the phone was working fine for a day and a half. Last night I was not able to make or receive calls. The mobile network is working fine. When I dial, I see Connecting and then Verizon Wireless is displayed in the dialer banner. After a few seconds, a popup displays Call Not Connected, with a retry prompt.

I don't know what to do, I will likely take it to the store today.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
If anyone figures out this problem please post up the problem as i would like to know for future members that might have the same mishap

sstrool

Reaction score
I am having a similar issue except that I am in a 4G region and the phone was working fine for a day and a half. Last night I was not able to make or receive calls. The mobile network is working fine. When I dial, I see Connecting and then Verizon Wireless is displayed in the dialer banner. After a few seconds, a popup displays Call Not Connected, with a retry prompt.

I don't know what to do, I will likely take it to the store today.

I started receiving calls and ability to make calls again once I drove a few miles. Not sure why I could not catch a signal but she is working now.

luvmybionicbut...

Reaction score
I am having the EXACT same problems with my Bionic. I am in the Northwest corner of Missouri in the same coverage area as JakkThunder. The main service provider in the area is Northwest Missouri Cellular. I took my phone the the Verizon store in St. Joe & he told me that the problem could be the fact that we are in an extended network & being that the phone is a 4G phone it is having problems making the transition down to the extended network. All I know is that it is VERY irritating! I cant get rid of my old phone until I am confident that this one is going to start working right.